2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrigue model:
2001 Olds Intrigue GLS.. Weathered with age
By magdalenaw on 04/14/13 21:57 PM (PDT)

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

With all the features I got for a decent price from the previous owner, I would say that value-wise, this car is great, but it's definitely starting to lose its steam. It's only got 144K miles on it, but it acts like it's got many more, even though it's got the original hardy engine that performs well. Maybe it's just because it's over ten years old and I never saw it in its heydey, or maybe I picked the wrong one, but I just can't seem to fall in love with this car. It is decent for the most part.

A Comfortable Reliable Sedan
By Chris on 06/14/10 13:27 PM (PDT)

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GX 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car with 125k miles, now at 140k. Overall it is comfortable, handles well for a car its size and has good power. The interior materials have held up well (especially the cloth and carpet) and the paint still looks great. When I first got the car,I upgraded the wheels and put on new tires. So far, they have hardly worn at all. I had a stalling problem in the first couple of months that turned out to be the Crankshaft Position Sensor. Right now the "abs" and "trac off" lights are on b/c I broke a brittle wire while trying to secure a speed sensor. I will be putting in new pads and rotors soon, as the brakes have begun to pulsate, but this is just regular maintenance.

Troubled Car
By Unknown on 04/22/10 04:01 AM (PDT)

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love my dont get me wrong.I've had it just over a year now and it's just now giving me problems.After looking up everything about the car,everyone seems to have the same issue.The car just wont start.I have no clue why and no one else seems to know either.If that issue was resolved it would be great.So if anyone knows please post it.Other than that I love the speed of the car,great get-up.

Worst Car Ever
By Annoyed Customer on 03/22/10 11:50 AM (PDT)

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is the worst car ever made! This is my first vehicle, and everything that could go wrong with a car has gone wrong with this one. I bought it and then 3 months later had to replace the engine. 3 months after that had to replace the struts, which by the way cost almost 300 each! Now all the lights are on, on the dash. The signals do not work anymore. And the car started randomly shutting off while you are driving! Most of the time you try to start it and it acts like it has a dead battery. And I have never seen rust problems like this before! This is the worst car ever, will never never never buy a intrigue ever again! Stay away from these cars!

Better Equipped Than More Expensive Cars
By Linda Ann on 01/12/10 21:24 PM (PST)

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Nobody can beat the heated 6-way power front seats, chrome wheels. This car was smart looking & very reliable.

Great Car! No Problems
By ebus on 01/03/10 09:19 AM (PST)

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GX 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This has been a great car. I purchased it when it was about a year and a half old with 28,000 miles on it. It now has 178,800 miles and has given me zero problems. Great gas mileage and smooth ride. I have only replaced the brakes once and that was about a month ago.

Great car for the money!
By lynziee on 11/30/09 19:26 PM (PST)

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

210,000 miles and still going. This car just wont die. I've put over 150,000 miles on this car myself and have never replaced more than the tires and oil filter. Granted, the turn signals and gas gage are no longer working. Almost every interior dash light is on, and the steering seems to be going out....the engine just keeps on running! I wrote this car off about 50,000 miles ago but nope, she's still kicking. Also, still gets aroun 28-30 miles to the gallon. Have to keep track by hand no so I dont run out out gas but hey, she doesnt owe me anything at this point.

Not your Granpa's Olds!!!
By papanetworkpro on 10/21/09 11:06 AM (PDT)

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I'm only the second-owner of this great medium-size family sedan. It was clean- quick and quiet then, and still is. We consistently got 33mpg on the road to KY. It's easy to park and drive...has fewer blind spots than the Lexus we're buying. Great sound system...and lot's of trunk space.

Great Care
By Good car on 09/28/09 16:14 PM (PDT)

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GX 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car with 160,000 miles on it. Not bad. After replacing brakes, tires and struts, and of course keeping up with oil, it runs great. I get 33 mpg highway. It goes when I want it to go, and sure, sometimes the blinkers quit working, but oh well. This car rocks it up the mountain with power, and it rocks it in the snow better than 4x4. My car just hit 202,000, and it's running just as good if not better than when I bought it.

Overall a good car
By navyfire on 04/22/09 19:06 PM (PDT)

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I owned this car for 2 years and was very pleased with it. I bought it with 60k and it was mostly trouble free except for a few minor problems: The check engine light came on shortly after I bought it, a check indicated a problem with the "secondary air injection system." The front suspension developed a loose feeling and vibrated a lot during braking. The ignition developed an issue where it wouldn't read the security code for the key and disable the engine. This was the most irritating problem the car had and often left me stranded. Overall, after 98k was put on it, I would definitely buy another.