unassuming, suprisingly fast, dependable
By mmtphoto on
2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue GX 4dr Sedan
This is the lighter, quicker version of the Aurora (I have a 2001) and it is a great, dependable car. We have had very few problems-crank sensor, water leak on passenger side front that caused a problem with blower, all in all an easy fix. The aluminum v6 is simply outstanding, and so it the trans- I get 17/18 city and 24/25 highway, and even though this is the stripped down version, it has a good sound system with CD/cassette player and good AC system. It has a power driver seat, power mirrors, windows & locks. I installed remote door/trunk opener, and fog lamps, drilled/slotted rotors-I consider this a poor man's 535 BMW-and it is much quicker. It is full of surprises.
Favorite Features
The engine is amazing, this is a really quick car off the line, on ramps, at high speeds-it keeps up with almost anything on the road. It is a clean and unassuming car that does not attract attention, so it's a good commuter car, decent on gas and comfortable.
Suggested Improvements
Styling, especially interior, is uninspiring-lots of plastic, somewhat cheap looking. I'd get the upscale model if I did it again, but I'm not complaining-this is a great car that has few flaws, and now has 107,000 miles. As long as it isn't overheated, I would think it could go that far again.