2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue 3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Just Not That Good

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue - Consumer Review

GL Sedan (3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Just Not That Good
By clunkerjunker on

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL 4dr Sedan

This car has never met any of my expectations. It always has something wrong with it, be it the electrical, mechanical or cosmetic. The electrical is a little screwy, it has a tendency of some of the lights not working or working intermittently, and it isn't the bulbs or connectors, I have replace both. The warning lights come and go all the time, I never know if something is actually wrong. It doesn't burn or leak oil, but it takes 4L of oil for every tank of gas. Gas mileage is poor. Paint peels off on this car at the bottoms of the doors (See this on all of them). I have put a ton into it ($10 000) and by the sounds of it, I am lucky the transmission has not gone yet.

Favorite Features

It does pass things on the highway with ease, I will give it that, although, all the more to worry that that power could rip the weak transmission apart (A little research says the transmission in this car is like soggy toilet paper).

Suggested Improvements

The cassette player jams, electrical gremlins, better transmission, find where the oil magically leaks away too.