Oldsmobile Intrigue GLS
By gudnason100 on
2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue GLS 4dr Sedan
I bought my Intrigue in 2003 off lease with 60000Km (36000 mi) it now has 306,000 km and still running great. Everything still works power windows, sun roof, heated seats, power seat and leather seats still good. Rebuilt transmission last year which only cost me $2200, fuel sensor problem is caused by additive in certain gas. Use Shell and you will never have an issue. Replaced flywheel about 5 years ago with a used one. Lots of available used parts from wrecking yards which keep the cost of repair down because GM does not product a lot of parts for the Olds anymore. Northstar engine is still very strong, no rust although I do undercoat it annually.
Favorite Features
Lots of power and it is great in the winter although I do install winter tires. (insurance companies give us a discount)
Suggested Improvements
Transmission could have been better, need to baby it, change fluid every 2 years and watch it. My transmission did not fail but it was shifting rough, repair shop said it would still last but it was annoying, installed a transmission cooler and that helped a lot to keep it cool since it only shifted rough when fluid got hot.