2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Consumer Review: New Car Smell

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue - Consumer Review

New Car Smell
By shylockmike on

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue GX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car 3/24/03 with only 13,159 miles on it. It still has the new car smell. On my test drive the brakes squeaked, but I attributed that to the fact the car had been sitting idle. Once I took delivery the noise subsided. Now 6/12/03 the car has 17,600 miles and I am getting pronounced feedback from the brake pedal and the car shutters when the brakes are applied. This is my first GM car, I have previously owned 2 Fords, a Toyota and a Nissan because I was always skeptical about the quality of GM and Chrysler vehicles. I hope my fears of poor GM quality are unfounded. I have an appointment for service on this vehicle 6/16/03.

Favorite Features

My most favorite thing is the new car smell, followed by the design, deep blue color. I am enamoured with the 3.5L engine's power and that this is a good car for road trips.

Suggested Improvements

It's kind of moot since the car is now out of production. The only thing I wish my car had was leather and a sunroof. I know the GS and GLS have these features, but that is all I would change.