Love my 2000 Olds Intrigue!
By lanova on
2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue GX 4dr Sedan
Reading everyone’s issues here w/their Intrigue, guess I got lucky. Bought mine new in 2000 with 10 km on it. Thought I had a lemon with problems of it overheating & adjustments were made to thermostat in 2nd year. Never had much heat after that unless I was doing 120km on the hwy driving easterly on a sunny day. Since I was having hot flashes & driving mostly hwy anyway, didn’t matter much, but I digress.
Favorite Features
I don’t consider normal wear and tear, tie-rod replacement in 11 years, etc, much to wine about. It had routine maintenance every 5K km. It now has 330,150 km & still going strong. But since I drive hwy a lot & no cell phone, I was worried about the reliability this winter. Not to mention how much longer it would last before incurring major costs. Interior is like new except for driver seat, it currently gets about 600 km to a tank of gas, eats an extra litre or two of oil between changes and coolant leaks but not enough that I had to top up between oil changes.
Suggested Improvements
Other than lack of heat on the windshield, not much to complain about. Love my Intrigue, excellent vehicle & very smart looking vehicle! Will be so sad to see my baby go…