2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue 3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Intrigue, Love It

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan - Consumer Review

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue GLS 4dr Sedan

Intrigue, Love It
By radko on

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue GLS 4dr Sedan

When Olds first advertised the Intrigue in '97 it was on my list for my wife. I waited for the 3.5 and found a rebuildable GLS with 3,000 miles and the $26,000 window sticker still in place. I fixed the 1/4 panel and replaced the transmission and painted the whole car for under $6,000 with the car. the brakes and tires were replaced at 47,000 miles. 70,000 miles later and it's still going strong. This car has everything, leather, dual zone climate, electric shocks, but no moonroof. It has the best seat support you can find. I wish they were heated and vibrated for my back. I get a solid 28+mpg and a this car is a stealthy blast to drive. It gobs up asphalt and curvy mountain roads with the best from Leipzig. I get the question often 'what is that?" This is one of Ed Welburn best designs. My wife has the truck.

Favorite Features

The seat support, torque, and its stealth. The dual climate is great for when the wife rides. I like the ability to use regular gas with great mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Too late, GM killed Olds in 2001.