Used 2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan Consumer Reviews - 82 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan

View reviews for a specific Intrigue model:

Great Car
By ayshatrill

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I bought my car in May of 2001 with 13,000 km on it. It now has 190,316 km on it. I have found my car reliable and a joy to drive on many long trips. It has been basically trouble free for me with just the usual maintenance things necessary. I have had the usual problem that comes with the aluminum wheels of leaking with the tires but I buy my tires where they give free maintenance so it has cost nothing for cleaning the rims. For now problem solved. 2 problems with this car, at 3 degrees Celsius outside the car fogs up, only solution open windows. Seats lack enough lumbar support for long trips making it feel like my ribs are cutting into me.

Styling inside and out it has a European feel to it. I have the leather seats and moon roof. It is a pleasure to drive. Great pickup when entering a highway or passing. Nice stereo for a factory installment.

Not applicable since they no longer make this car but it would have been nice to have heated seats and good lumbar support.

Don't Walk, Run Away!
By Dissatisfied Owner

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GX 4dr Sedan

This car is a bad idea. We should have known better when it needed new power window motors before we drove off the used car lot. Flasher problems (turn signals work when they want)this is a problem for most year Intrigues; power window failure all around recently and got me robbed at Walmart due to a falling rear window; problems with cracks in original coolant tanks; a/c controls - cools when it wants and my blower on any setting below high went out; suspension probs; harmonic balancer flew off engine; general electrical garbage (ie: shorted out a few phone chargers along with fuses); cheap quality parts on interior such as moulding around floor. I could go on. I'm lucky Dad is a mechanic.

It was a good riding car, comfy to drive, fun acceleration with alot of get up and go to it, great looking car, roomy but not a huge car, spacious trunk. Looks can be decieving. The test drive was even decieving for us.

If they were still made, they would have a hard time selling with the reputation the Intrigue has built for itself. It could have stood to be recalled for a total electrical and mechanical replacement judging by the other reveiws I read elsewhere. Do yourself a favor and choose a different used car

Love my car
By lovemycar

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I love my car and have no plans to sell it. The only problem I have is an issue with the blinkers. There's a short somewhere. Other than the blinkers and routine maintenance, I've had no problems at all. It drives great, has plenty of power, and still gets good gas mileage. It's plenty comfortable for our family of 4. We've made quite a few road trips in it.

I like to drive it on the highway - it has good pickup and the sound system is great.

The cup holder under the dash is poorly placed - it's difficult to get to. And the cup holders for the back seat are not very stable - it's easy for the drinks to spill.

Decent, affordable
By Michael

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GX 4dr Sedan

Our Oldsmobile intrigue is pretty much standard options. Not long after we bought it the air conditioner went out. Also it makes a loud noise when you turn the steering wheel. Although we bought it used with 140,000 miles. I think it was a wonderful car for the money. Gas mileage is 21 mpg city 30 mpg highway. I would suggest this car to anybody.

stereo, appearance, and the gas mileage for the size.

trunk and gas tank buttons don't work. could have better made shift nob.

unassuming, suprisingly fast, dependable
By mmtphoto

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GX 4dr Sedan

This is the lighter, quicker version of the Aurora (I have a 2001) and it is a great, dependable car. We have had very few problems-crank sensor, water leak on passenger side front that caused a problem with blower, all in all an easy fix. The aluminum v6 is simply outstanding, and so it the trans- I get 17/18 city and 24/25 highway, and even though this is the stripped down version, it has a good sound system with CD/cassette player and good AC system. It has a power driver seat, power mirrors, windows & locks. I installed remote door/trunk opener, and fog lamps, drilled/slotted rotors-I consider this a poor man's 535 BMW-and it is much quicker. It is full of surprises.

The engine is amazing, this is a really quick car off the line, on ramps, at high speeds-it keeps up with almost anything on the road. It is a clean and unassuming car that does not attract attention, so it's a good commuter car, decent on gas and comfortable.

Styling, especially interior, is uninspiring-lots of plastic, somewhat cheap looking. I'd get the upscale model if I did it again, but I'm not complaining-this is a great car that has few flaws, and now has 107,000 miles. As long as it isn't overheated, I would think it could go that far again.