Used 2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrigue model:

Decent, affordable
By Michael

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GX 4dr Sedan

Our Oldsmobile intrigue is pretty much standard options. Not long after we bought it the air conditioner went out. Also it makes a loud noise when you turn the steering wheel. Although we bought it used with 140,000 miles. I think it was a wonderful car for the money. Gas mileage is 21 mpg city 30 mpg highway. I would suggest this car to anybody.

Favorite Features

stereo, appearance, and the gas mileage for the size.

Suggested Improvements

trunk and gas tank buttons don't work. could have better made shift nob.

unassuming, suprisingly fast, dependable
By mmtphoto

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GX 4dr Sedan

This is the lighter, quicker version of the Aurora (I have a 2001) and it is a great, dependable car. We have had very few problems-crank sensor, water leak on passenger side front that caused a problem with blower, all in all an easy fix. The aluminum v6 is simply outstanding, and so it the trans- I get 17/18 city and 24/25 highway, and even though this is the stripped down version, it has a good sound system with CD/cassette player and good AC system. It has a power driver seat, power mirrors, windows & locks. I installed remote door/trunk opener, and fog lamps, drilled/slotted rotors-I consider this a poor man's 535 BMW-and it is much quicker. It is full of surprises.

Favorite Features

The engine is amazing, this is a really quick car off the line, on ramps, at high speeds-it keeps up with almost anything on the road. It is a clean and unassuming car that does not attract attention, so it's a good commuter car, decent on gas and comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

Styling, especially interior, is uninspiring-lots of plastic, somewhat cheap looking. I'd get the upscale model if I did it again, but I'm not complaining-this is a great car that has few flaws, and now has 107,000 miles. As long as it isn't overheated, I would think it could go that far again.

Good Value
By Hans

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

I bought the car with 65k miles and it now has 120k. Besides routine maintenance, I have only had to go the shop twice. Once for the motor for the drivers side window, and once for a vent fan. It is spacious and comfortable. The dual climate control is a convenient feature.

Favorite Features

Good acceleration. Cops don't seem to pull this car over for speeding.

Suggested Improvements

Burns through oil too fast. Water sometimes drips into the trunk when I open the trunk after it rains.

I Heart My Olds
By zack24566

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

I love my 2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue. I was looking for a good car to take to college (I'm a senior in high school) and I believe that I have found a good quality car. It's fun to drive, gets great gas mileage (even with the 3.5L Twin Cam V6), and is the most comfortable car that I or any of my friends have ever ridden in. This car, in my opinion, is one of the best used cars out there. I would definitely recommend this car to anyone who likes to ride around in style, but not sacrifice reliability or fuel economy.

Surprising Performance for a GM Sedan
By GregC

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I've had this car for four years. I purchased it used at 30,000 miles and now it has 70,000 miles. It has had no problems thus far. It has great pick-up, with stable handling thanks to its wide tires.

Favorite Features

I love how it gets 30 MPG+ on the highway - not bad for a V-6! It has great pick-up and a solid ride.

Suggested Improvements

Not that it matters anymore since Olds aren't made, but they could have done away with the variable assist steering feature as it doesn't add anything to the performance and only adds a sometimes annoying rattle when turning.