Used 2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrigue model:

PROBLEMS PROBLEMS PROBLEMS
By Garyca

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

Purchased 2004 replaced the following: -2004 trans, fuel pump -2005 alternator, cam sensor -2006 coolant reservoir, starter -2008 crank sensor -2008 rack and pinion (pwr steering) -2008 all 4 pwr window switches -2008/9 4 pwr window regulators -2009 stereo, water pump, tensioner pulley and idler pulley -2010 instrument panel, rear view mirror, cracked stereo bezel, visors (covers are falling off), all speakers (all dead), pwr window weather strip, valve cover gaskets (oil leak, main pwr wndow switch, climate control, blower motor resistor, blower motor (rusted), a/c compressor. Worst vehicle ever built, this is why gm is failing.

engine power

Everything. I suggest buying Japanese

10 years and still great
By ketch5

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

Bought new, special ordered, the day before Thanksgiving 1999 (Mine also came with a dealer installed aftermarket SLP stageI TypeR performance/handling package as well). Bought it for two main reasons: the engine (rated in the 10 best at the time) and the styling; Wanted a European type handling/ride and refinement and this had it. 63000 miles now and 10 years old. All power windows went out over time and had to be replaced (a common GM issue); Other than recent tie rod end replacements, nothing else. Have had this on a race track (Road America road course in Wis.) for over an hour chasing (and passing) BMW's back in 2001; Great handling; OK used, but epxect some issues.

Acceleration, esp. top end; Engine sound at high revs; Styling; Handling

Increased reliability for the time.

Excellent car
By bp

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

This car has had some electrical problems with the windows but nothing else other than normal upkeep. Mine has 165,000 miles on it and it runs like a champ. It also gets great mileage. I average 26 mpg with a good mix of open road and city driving. It handles great also, I lived on one of the worst red clay roads in my area and I never once had a problem with the handling. Good dependable and safe vehicle.

leather interior, radio and cruise controls on steering wheel

great car for the money
By Outstanding car

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

purchased my intrigue with over 190,000 miles, was babied and taken excellent care of, now has over 211,000 miles and is still going strong. Have had no major issues, just maintaining it. would have been nice if GM had put grease fittings for the hub bearing, they are a expensive replacement along with the exhaust system. NO complaints though, drive it daily, the quality and style is still there. My friends & I love the car.

body style, handling, interior and the stereo system

put grease fittings for hub bearings

Long lasting car and still looks good.
By Mark Glanemann

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new. The first month I had it the transmission messed up but a new one was put in. Factory defect. 160,000 miles later the tranny went out. Just had a new one put in and shifts like when I first bought it. That is the only major problem I had but that is normal wear and tear. I bought the car when I was 21 so of course I drove like a fool and beat it up a little. But 9 years later I still have the car and it runs great. It does burn some oil if I go on long trips. I think I can make this car last 200k+ and from other reviews it looks like these cars can last that longer then that and then some. Have some rust forming on the bottom doors, but can live with that.

Big Trunk for my music equipment.

Window motor stinks.