Used 2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan Consumer Reviews - 82 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan

View reviews for a specific Intrigue model:

Still going
By BB

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

This is BB who posted on 3/9/10. My Intrigue is at 266K. Kept asking my mechanic when he thought it would go and he said the motor was still strong. I've had restless nights trying to decide between buying another used 2000 Intrigue or above (noticed below 2000 clist ads had issues) again or a used foreign car. Toyota was the only other my mech rec. My car had 2 repairs costing $200/$400 since last post and then the a/c compressor went out. I did not fix bc IDK when the car will call it quits. Called around and found a 2000 w/115k miles and am getting it this wknd. Knock on wood I have luck w/this one! I'm going to drive the old one til spring since the ac is out and switch to the other car.

motor, transmission

windows ! Mine are being held up with rubber door stops !

Good, until...
By Augustine

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 36,000 miles 7 years ago and it lasted 100,000 miles. It's got its share of minor issues, like all windows had to have the regulator replaced as well as the crankshaft sensor, which seem to be the par for the course. The interior was a victim of its poor quality in materials and design early on, like the dash lip above the central vents raising and the shifter and door switches getting loose. The leather seats were only thinly upholstered and the driver's seat shows more use. The exterior, other than supplier-painted parts, held up fairly well. Since it was involved in an accident which damaged its front-end, it developed recurring cooling issues, unfortunately.

- Peppy 3.5 DOHC V6 engine. - Mileage easily exceeding 32MPG on the highway and 24 MPG in city. - Fairly roomy and comfortable. - Competent handling.

- Sub-par interior quality. - Some exterior parts faded quickly. - Hardware of inferior quality. - Oil consumption on the high side. - Numb steering.

Very Disappointed
By jeneep

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

I bought this just just before Halloween last year - not quite one year - with 101,000 miles. I had no issues with the car. Most were with the dealership for not taking care of regular maintenance before I bought it. I had actually enjoyed the power it had! And then my transmission failed on me. I'm a single mother and the sole reason I bought this car was because I thought it was reliable. Apparently I should have researched more because it's a well known problem on other boards. Here I am stuck with a $1700+ fix on top of the loan I already have. Thanks a lot, Oldsmobile! Research the car - I wouldn't trust the transmission, and I'm sure you don't want the expensive fix.

The power. I loved driving it. You could probably tell from the amount of speeding tickets I have accumulated. The gas mileage ran from 28-30 mpg for me. That's not bad considering my speed and driving habits. Interstate was even better usually.

Not even applicable.

I love my Intrigue!
By JC

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

I am the original owner of this car and have put 126k miles on it. It has sat out in Chicago weather for 8/10 years and has only small exterior damage/rust. I was considering a new car, but only because of minor inconveniences including broken gas door release button, loose dash and air conditioning that just gave out this summer. After reading these reviews, I think I'll just make the repairs! I love my car and after test driving about a dozen new, have yet to find a car that will surpass my beautiful Intrigue. Sure, she's getting up there in age and showing a few age spots, but she runs great and I have NEVER had a problem with this car!

roomy, comfy and reliable

Proof of GMs constant failures
By Paul

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GX 4dr Sedan

Purchased this vehicle used with 13900 miles on it, today it has 111K miles. Since day one this vehicle was a problem!! Within 24hrs of purchase it ditched me on a major intersection (trans failure). Here are the bits and pieces replaced: Transmission, Tie rods, steering system, A/C compressor, All pwr windows, Cam sensor, Alternator, Crank sensor, control arms, Stereo and speakers, pwr window switches (x3), coolant reservoir, idler pulleys(x2), climate control, valve cover seals, blower motor and blower motor resistor(rusted), air vent covers (cheap plastic), door panels, starter.This vehicle has cost me more in repairs than any vehicle I owned! I currently have a 94 Camry v6 240k gr8car

ENGINE at low RPM GR8 (although my 94 V6 Camry runs smoother), but this engine is thrashy at high RPM and vibrates!!

360 degree improvement! Have Toyota teach GM how build reliable vehicles!