2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan Consumer Reviews 4

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue GX 4dr Sedan

View reviews for a specific Intrigue model:
Nice Car
By Dan on 03/01/09 09:50 AM (PST)

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GX 4dr Sedan

This vehicle is a very nice vehicle. It is great for long commutes because the gas mileage is so great. It is perfect for college students because of the gas mileage and strength.

Great Car
By Anthony on 02/28/09 12:45 PM (PST)

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GX 4dr Sedan

I have owned my intrigue for six years and it still looks and drives great. I love this car. It may be nine years old but I think it still is one of the best looking cars on the road. Problems include drivers side window cable became inoperable, decided not to spend $500 to have it repaired. Had the steering column greased, replaced fuel regulator and an oxygen sensor. The interior is well designed and the seats are very comfortable. Great pickup and it still turns heads. I have seen dealers in my area selling intrigues that have 200,000 miles on them. The engine speaks for itself. My only complaint is that GM decided to discontinue the Olds.

Great Car
By ayshatrill on 02/11/09 10:44 AM (PST)

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I bought my car in May of 2001 with 13,000 km on it. It now has 190,316 km on it. I have found my car reliable and a joy to drive on many long trips. It has been basically trouble free for me with just the usual maintenance things necessary. I have had the usual problem that comes with the aluminum wheels of leaking with the tires but I buy my tires where they give free maintenance so it has cost nothing for cleaning the rims. For now problem solved. 2 problems with this car, at 3 degrees Celsius outside the car fogs up, only solution open windows. Seats lack enough lumbar support for long trips making it feel like my ribs are cutting into me.

Don't Walk, Run Away!
By Dissatisfied Owner on 11/02/08 23:45 PM (PST)

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GX 4dr Sedan

This car is a bad idea. We should have known better when it needed new power window motors before we drove off the used car lot. Flasher problems (turn signals work when they want)this is a problem for most year Intrigues; power window failure all around recently and got me robbed at Walmart due to a falling rear window; problems with cracks in original coolant tanks; a/c controls - cools when it wants and my blower on any setting below high went out; suspension probs; harmonic balancer flew off engine; general electrical garbage (ie: shorted out a few phone chargers along with fuses); cheap quality parts on interior such as moulding around floor. I could go on. I'm lucky Dad is a mechanic.

Love my car
By lovemycar on 10/16/08 07:40 AM (PDT)

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I love my car and have no plans to sell it. The only problem I have is an issue with the blinkers. There's a short somewhere. Other than the blinkers and routine maintenance, I've had no problems at all. It drives great, has plenty of power, and still gets good gas mileage. It's plenty comfortable for our family of 4. We've made quite a few road trips in it.

Decent, affordable
By Michael on 08/10/08 17:56 PM (PDT)

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GX 4dr Sedan

Our Oldsmobile intrigue is pretty much standard options. Not long after we bought it the air conditioner went out. Also it makes a loud noise when you turn the steering wheel. Although we bought it used with 140,000 miles. I think it was a wonderful car for the money. Gas mileage is 21 mpg city 30 mpg highway. I would suggest this car to anybody.

unassuming, suprisingly fast, dependable
By mmtphoto on 03/18/08 17:56 PM (PDT)

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GX 4dr Sedan

This is the lighter, quicker version of the Aurora (I have a 2001) and it is a great, dependable car. We have had very few problems-crank sensor, water leak on passenger side front that caused a problem with blower, all in all an easy fix. The aluminum v6 is simply outstanding, and so it the trans- I get 17/18 city and 24/25 highway, and even though this is the stripped down version, it has a good sound system with CD/cassette player and good AC system. It has a power driver seat, power mirrors, windows & locks. I installed remote door/trunk opener, and fog lamps, drilled/slotted rotors-I consider this a poor man's 535 BMW-and it is much quicker. It is full of surprises.

Good Value
By Hans on 06/26/07 13:53 PM (PDT)

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

I bought the car with 65k miles and it now has 120k. Besides routine maintenance, I have only had to go the shop twice. Once for the motor for the drivers side window, and once for a vent fan. It is spacious and comfortable. The dual climate control is a convenient feature.

I Heart My Olds
By zack24566 on 01/05/07 10:12 AM (PST)

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

I love my 2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue. I was looking for a good car to take to college (I'm a senior in high school) and I believe that I have found a good quality car. It's fun to drive, gets great gas mileage (even with the 3.5L Twin Cam V6), and is the most comfortable car that I or any of my friends have ever ridden in. This car, in my opinion, is one of the best used cars out there. I would definitely recommend this car to anyone who likes to ride around in style, but not sacrifice reliability or fuel economy.

Surprising Performance for a GM Sedan
By GregC on 12/27/06 20:18 PM (PST)

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I've had this car for four years. I purchased it used at 30,000 miles and now it has 70,000 miles. It has had no problems thus far. It has great pick-up, with stable handling thanks to its wide tires.