Used 2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrigue model:

I love my Intrigue!
By JC

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

I am the original owner of this car and have put 126k miles on it. It has sat out in Chicago weather for 8/10 years and has only small exterior damage/rust. I was considering a new car, but only because of minor inconveniences including broken gas door release button, loose dash and air conditioning that just gave out this summer. After reading these reviews, I think I'll just make the repairs! I love my car and after test driving about a dozen new, have yet to find a car that will surpass my beautiful Intrigue. Sure, she's getting up there in age and showing a few age spots, but she runs great and I have NEVER had a problem with this car!

roomy, comfy and reliable

Proof of GMs constant failures
By Paul

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GX 4dr Sedan

Purchased this vehicle used with 13900 miles on it, today it has 111K miles. Since day one this vehicle was a problem!! Within 24hrs of purchase it ditched me on a major intersection (trans failure). Here are the bits and pieces replaced: Transmission, Tie rods, steering system, A/C compressor, All pwr windows, Cam sensor, Alternator, Crank sensor, control arms, Stereo and speakers, pwr window switches (x3), coolant reservoir, idler pulleys(x2), climate control, valve cover seals, blower motor and blower motor resistor(rusted), air vent covers (cheap plastic), door panels, starter.This vehicle has cost me more in repairs than any vehicle I owned! I currently have a 94 Camry v6 240k gr8car

ENGINE at low RPM GR8 (although my 94 V6 Camry runs smoother), but this engine is thrashy at high RPM and vibrates!!

360 degree improvement! Have Toyota teach GM how build reliable vehicles!

Crack made car
By GA

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

This vehicle is a signature of GM's failure to create reliable and economical vehicles. Here's a list of repairs done through out my 10 yr ownership: all PWR windows, climate control, blower motor resistor, instrument panel, steering system, A/C compressor, cracked ac vents, wheel bearings, coil packs, crank sensor, cam sensor, oil seals, engine, transmission(2x), lower control arms, valve cover seals, EGR sensor, coolant reservoir, starter (x2)!

NONE

EVERYTHING. although Oldsmobile no longer exists, GM needs a miracle to compete with Japanese rivals!

happy with it
By not too shabby

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

We bought our intrigue w/ over 100,000 mi. On it and it runs great! Plenty of power and pick up w/ engine is awesome. I do have 2 big complaints though. The window control assembly on driver side pops out at will and I'm sure it wont be long before the buttons on it stop working. And the suspension on it deteriorated very quickly and now it is a horrible ride on any slightly bumpy surface. It sounds rough like it may knock a tire off or worse. But overall, it has been a very good second car for us and I love the way it still looks for its age. For me, mechanically it has been a good purchase and I plan to drive for a long time to come.

power of engine, lots of room, nice looking vehicle

a/c cooling system is an automatic system and it has mind of its own. does not cool well at all. and the a/c system should not have to re-charged.

Best Car!
By BB

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

My 2000 Intrigue has 250K miles on it and the only issue I've had is a hairline crack in the coolant tank and an axle that had to be replaced. As a single working mother of 4 kids this car has been a lifesaver. There is nothing worse than having an unreliable car. I am currently looking for the same year model car as a back up for this car. I'm not sure how much longer it can go but it just keeps on going.

The motor and transmission. Very reliable.

Everyone I've known w/this car of a similar Olds has had window issues. I only have 1 working window. At 55K they all worked. I drive on gravel roads and felt like the bumpiness had something to do with the windows. They broke back to back after moving to a rural area where I took a gravel road.