Used 2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrigue model:

Oldsmobile Intrigue GLS
By gudnason100

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

I bought my Intrigue in 2003 off lease with 60000Km (36000 mi) it now has 306,000 km and still running great. Everything still works power windows, sun roof, heated seats, power seat and leather seats still good. Rebuilt transmission last year which only cost me $2200, fuel sensor problem is caused by additive in certain gas. Use Shell and you will never have an issue. Replaced flywheel about 5 years ago with a used one. Lots of available used parts from wrecking yards which keep the cost of repair down because GM does not product a lot of parts for the Olds anymore. Northstar engine is still very strong, no rust although I do undercoat it annually.

Lots of power and it is great in the winter although I do install winter tires. (insurance companies give us a discount)

Transmission could have been better, need to baby it, change fluid every 2 years and watch it. My transmission did not fail but it was shifting rough, repair shop said it would still last but it was annoying, installed a transmission cooler and that helped a lot to keep it cool since it only shifted rough when fluid got hot.

Great Car, Expensive Repairs
By missava

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

Oldsmobiles have been in my family for years. I just purchased my Intrigue last year and I have had nothing but problems with it. They're minor problems that happen with older cars, however the repairs add up to more than the car's blue book value. I love how it performs and it's great in the Colorado snow! But I think it's time to retire my beautiful car. I was really hoping to turn it into a real American car collector's item one day.

My favorite features of the car are: the sportscar driving, the power sunroof, heated leather seats, the smooth ride, and the exterior build.

Love my 2000 Olds Intrigue!
By lanova

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GX 4dr Sedan

Reading everyone’s issues here w/their Intrigue, guess I got lucky. Bought mine new in 2000 with 10 km on it. Thought I had a lemon with problems of it overheating & adjustments were made to thermostat in 2nd year. Never had much heat after that unless I was doing 120km on the hwy driving easterly on a sunny day. Since I was having hot flashes & driving mostly hwy anyway, didn’t matter much, but I digress.

I don’t consider normal wear and tear, tie-rod replacement in 11 years, etc, much to wine about. It had routine maintenance every 5K km. It now has 330,150 km & still going strong. But since I drive hwy a lot & no cell phone, I was worried about the reliability this winter. Not to mention how much longer it would last before incurring major costs. Interior is like new except for driver seat, it currently gets about 600 km to a tank of gas, eats an extra litre or two of oil between changes and coolant leaks but not enough that I had to top up between oil changes.

Other than lack of heat on the windshield, not much to complain about. Love my Intrigue, excellent vehicle & very smart looking vehicle! Will be so sad to see my baby go…

Awesome car
By snewberry

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GX 4dr Sedan

I bought mine brand new and have not had any problems. You just have to take care of your car.

Value went down too quickly considering brand new it was a 25,000.00 car.

2000 Olds Intrigue GL
By jroy94

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

When we bought ours about 3 months ago I loved it. But now, the crankshaft sensor needs to be replaced, the starter needs to be replaced and the gas needle has this problem where it still has 6 gallons of gas after it gets to E. Other than those problem it's a good running car. Plenty of power and handles like a sports car.

The power and handling.