Used 2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Consumer Reviews - 82 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue - Consumer Reviews

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue

View reviews for a specific Intrigue model:

Just Not That Good
By clunkerjunker

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL 4dr Sedan

This car has never met any of my expectations.
It always has something wrong with it, be it the electrical, mechanical or cosmetic.
The electrical is a little screwy, it has a tendency of some of the lights not working or working intermittently, and it isn't the bulbs or connectors, I have replace both.
The warning lights come and go all the time, I never know if something is actually wrong.
It doesn't burn or leak oil, but it takes 4L of oil for every tank of gas.
Gas mileage is poor. Paint peels off on this car at the bottoms of the doors (See this on all of them).
I have put a ton into it ($10 000) and by the sounds of it, I am lucky the transmission has not gone yet.

It does pass things on the highway with ease, I will give it that, although, all the more to worry that that power could rip the weak transmission apart (A little research says the transmission in this car is like soggy toilet paper).

The cassette player jams, electrical gremlins, better transmission, find where the oil magically leaks away too.

Great car
By morin1

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue GLS 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car new and wish Olds was still around making them.
Great handling and milage, looks nice and is very comfortable, love it.
The only problem it had was several years ago freon leaked out...they found the leak and fixed it at a small cost.
Very happy I purchased an Intrigue.

Probably the best car I have owned
By tangerinepug

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL 4dr Sedan

I am the third owner of this car. I bought it from my father, four years ago, prior to that it was a rental car. In the past four years, only one time have I put the key in the ignition and turned it, did the car not start! Just for that reason, the starter went out. I might add that this girl has 197,000 miles on it. My brother, a local mechanic, says I can easily get 250,000 out of her. She has always burned a little oil, and I am not as diligent on the changes as I should be. I have replaced a few minor parts, which is not a big surprise with the higher mileage.

I love the side illumination with the turn signals at night. GREAT feature!

Oldsmobile Intrigue GLS
By gudnason100

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue GLS 4dr Sedan

I bought my Intrigue in 2003 off lease with 60000Km (36000 mi) it now has 306,000 km and still running great. Everything still works power windows, sun roof, heated seats, power seat and leather seats still good. Rebuilt transmission last year which only cost me $2200, fuel sensor problem is caused by additive in certain gas. Use Shell and you will never have an issue. Replaced flywheel about 5 years ago with a used one.
Lots of available used parts from wrecking yards which keep the cost of repair down because GM does not product a lot of parts for the Olds anymore. Northstar engine is still very strong, no rust although I do undercoat it annually.

Lots of power and it is great in the winter although I do install winter tires. (insurance companies give us a discount)

Transmission could have been better, need to baby it, change fluid every 2 years and watch it. My transmission did not fail but it was shifting rough, repair shop said it would still last but it was annoying, installed a transmission cooler and that helped a lot to keep it cool since it only shifted rough when fluid got hot.

Great Car, Expensive Repairs
By missava

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue GLS 4dr Sedan

Oldsmobiles have been in my family for years. I just purchased my Intrigue last year and I have had nothing but problems with it. They're minor problems that happen with older cars, however the repairs add up to more than the car's blue book value. I love how it performs and it's great in the Colorado snow! But I think it's time to retire my beautiful car. I was really hoping to turn it into a real American car collector's item one day.

My favorite features of the car are: the sportscar driving, the power sunroof, heated leather seats, the smooth ride, and the exterior build.