2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrigue model:
2000 Intrigue Never again
By pc911 on 07/03/11 16:47 PM (PDT)

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL 4dr Sedan

Bought my 2000 Intrugue about 6 years ago, had 60,000 miles on it, to date have had to replace. computer and they had to have a mach. from the Cadalac dealership program it because they could't do it.wheel ABS sensor, Altenater, exshaust system, ingnition, wiper motor, AC, had it towed 6 times, wipers again won't shut off, electric gas door was a dumb idea, all in all I wouldn't buy another one, or take it for free, I used to love Old's but not this one.

Best Car for the money
By carguy140 on 06/02/11 10:41 AM (PDT)

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL 4dr Sedan

Hello, I have sat here for a while and read all of the reviews on this site. I am at a crossroads with my intrigue. This car has by far been the best investment I have made in a vehicle. I purchased my intrigue as a lease turn in at 31,000 miles back in 2003. What really caught my eye about this car was the mix of styling and handling.Well I am happy to say I have had a very good experience. My intrigue today has 188k miles, other then 2 wheel bearings, 1 at 110k, 1 at 133k on other side, and 2 window motors this has been reliable and still runs great! MAINTAINANCE is key to any vehicle, change your fluids and these cars go a long time. My crossroads is what to buy now as great as this was?

Still going
By BB on 11/12/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue GLS 4dr Sedan

This is BB who posted on 3/9/10. My Intrigue is at 266K. Kept asking my mechanic when he thought it would go and he said the motor was still strong. I've had restless nights trying to decide between buying another used 2000 Intrigue or above (noticed below 2000 clist ads had issues) again or a used foreign car. Toyota was the only other my mech rec. My car had 2 repairs costing $200/$400 since last post and then the a/c compressor went out. I did not fix bc IDK when the car will call it quits. Called around and found a 2000 w/115k miles and am getting it this wknd. Knock on wood I have luck w/this one! I'm going to drive the old one til spring since the ac is out and switch to the other car.

Good, until...
By Augustine on 09/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 36,000 miles 7 years ago and it lasted 100,000 miles. It's got its share of minor issues, like all windows had to have the regulator replaced as well as the crankshaft sensor, which seem to be the par for the course. The interior was a victim of its poor quality in materials and design early on, like the dash lip above the central vents raising and the shifter and door switches getting loose. The leather seats were only thinly upholstered and the driver's seat shows more use. The exterior, other than supplier-painted parts, held up fairly well. Since it was involved in an accident which damaged its front-end, it developed recurring cooling issues, unfortunately.

Very Disappointed
By jeneep on 09/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue GLS 4dr Sedan

I bought this just just before Halloween last year - not quite one year - with 101,000 miles. I had no issues with the car. Most were with the dealership for not taking care of regular maintenance before I bought it. I had actually enjoyed the power it had! And then my transmission failed on me. I'm a single mother and the sole reason I bought this car was because I thought it was reliable. Apparently I should have researched more because it's a well known problem on other boards. Here I am stuck with a $1700+ fix on top of the loan I already have. Thanks a lot, Oldsmobile! Research the car - I wouldn't trust the transmission, and I'm sure you don't want the expensive fix.

I love my Intrigue!
By JC on 09/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue GLS 4dr Sedan

I am the original owner of this car and have put 126k miles on it. It has sat out in Chicago weather for 8/10 years and has only small exterior damage/rust. I was considering a new car, but only because of minor inconveniences including broken gas door release button, loose dash and air conditioning that just gave out this summer. After reading these reviews, I think I'll just make the repairs! I love my car and after test driving about a dozen new, have yet to find a car that will surpass my beautiful Intrigue. Sure, she's getting up there in age and showing a few age spots, but she runs great and I have NEVER had a problem with this car!

Proof of GMs constant failures
By Paul on 07/18/10 11:20 AM (PDT)

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue GX 4dr Sedan

Purchased this vehicle used with 13900 miles on it, today it has 111K miles. Since day one this vehicle was a problem!! Within 24hrs of purchase it ditched me on a major intersection (trans failure). Here are the bits and pieces replaced: Transmission, Tie rods, steering system, A/C compressor, All pwr windows, Cam sensor, Alternator, Crank sensor, control arms, Stereo and speakers, pwr window switches (x3), coolant reservoir, idler pulleys(x2), climate control, valve cover seals, blower motor and blower motor resistor(rusted), air vent covers (cheap plastic), door panels, starter.This vehicle has cost me more in repairs than any vehicle I owned! I currently have a 94 Camry v6 240k gr8car

Crack made car
By GA on 07/17/10 08:46 AM (PDT)

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue GLS 4dr Sedan

This vehicle is a signature of GM's failure to create reliable and economical vehicles. Here's a list of repairs done through out my 10 yr ownership: all PWR windows, climate control, blower motor resistor, instrument panel, steering system, A/C compressor, cracked ac vents, wheel bearings, coil packs, crank sensor, cam sensor, oil seals, engine, transmission(2x), lower control arms, valve cover seals, EGR sensor, coolant reservoir, starter (x2)!

happy with it
By not too shabby on 03/25/10 00:02 AM (PDT)

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL 4dr Sedan

We bought our intrigue w/ over 100,000 mi. On it and it runs great! Plenty of power and pick up w/ engine is awesome. I do have 2 big complaints though. The window control assembly on driver side pops out at will and I'm sure it wont be long before the buttons on it stop working. And the suspension on it deteriorated very quickly and now it is a horrible ride on any slightly bumpy surface. It sounds rough like it may knock a tire off or worse. But overall, it has been a very good second car for us and I love the way it still looks for its age. For me, mechanically it has been a good purchase and I plan to drive for a long time to come.

Best Car!
By BB on 03/20/10 10:37 AM (PDT)

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue GLS 4dr Sedan

My 2000 Intrigue has 250K miles on it and the only issue I've had is a hairline crack in the coolant tank and an axle that had to be replaced. As a single working mother of 4 kids this car has been a lifesaver. There is nothing worse than having an unreliable car. I am currently looking for the same year model car as a back up for this car. I'm not sure how much longer it can go but it just keeps on going.