Used 2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue - Consumer Reviews

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan

View reviews for a specific Intrigue model:

Old Used Car, still runs like new
By kjreinha

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GX 4dr Sedan

OK, So I found one that really was owned by an 80+yr old couple. Our just bought, 62k miles Intrigue, really shocked me with it's smooth performance, handling, acceleration and ride. I cleaned some carbon off the BTRFLY valve in the throttle body because the pedal was a little sticky and dropped in a new PCV valve ($3) and this car runs again like it is brand new. Dealer had all the records and showed only typical maintenance, OTW all original. I am not partial to any brand, and this was used, but I have been very impressed with a 14+yr old car running this well and looking this good. My highschool kids feel pretty lucky to have such a nice car to drive.

Favorite Features

Acceleration, handling, ride comfort, stereo, HVAC, solid feel and very smooth performance from engine idle to shifting all over the performance map. I am an engineer by trade, so I tend to test things more than other people. This car perfoems like it is still very young, with no vibrations, squeaks, noises... Does not use oil or leak anywhere. Just seems like a well designed and manufactured car. Oh yeah, 18mpg city and almost 30mpg highway is pretty good for a large car.

Suggested Improvements

I don't like the oil filter in the oil pan arrangement. I understand it may be a better system, more like what you see in European cars because it was designed to run there, but it is harder to change. I don't prefer the looks of the car, but that is more style preference and it is growing on me. It is very aerodynamic looking and I guess that helps mileage, but the looks seem kind of plane vanilla to me. Also, this is a GX so it does not happen to have traction control. It was optional when purchased. That has been a proven invention all cars should have.

Kill it with fire!!!
By emt6

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

Nothing but problems! Less then 100 000 miles on 'er and everything has been replaced on this car! Transmission, window motors, steering components, rear axle thingys, everything! And most of it would have been covered by my insurance, if it wasn't for the fact they would write it off! I mean, its like $1500 for the window motor to be replaceD! The value of the car is only like $1200, so i mean, anything and everything would be a write off for this thing! The thing eats oil and the paint peels off everytwhere, and there are a few spots that alway fill with water and rust holes! I can't keep this car on the road because so much goes wrong!

Favorite Features

None what-so-ever

Suggested Improvements

You can't improve something this far gone.

Just Not That Good
By clunkerjunker

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

This car has never met any of my expectations. It always has something wrong with it, be it the electrical, mechanical or cosmetic. The electrical is a little screwy, it has a tendency of some of the lights not working or working intermittently, and it isn't the bulbs or connectors, I have replace both. The warning lights come and go all the time, I never know if something is actually wrong. It doesn't burn or leak oil, but it takes 4L of oil for every tank of gas. Gas mileage is poor. Paint peels off on this car at the bottoms of the doors (See this on all of them). I have put a ton into it ($10 000) and by the sounds of it, I am lucky the transmission has not gone yet.

Favorite Features

It does pass things on the highway with ease, I will give it that, although, all the more to worry that that power could rip the weak transmission apart (A little research says the transmission in this car is like soggy toilet paper).

Suggested Improvements

The cassette player jams, electrical gremlins, better transmission, find where the oil magically leaks away too.

Great car
By morin1

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car new and wish Olds was still around making them. Great handling and milage, looks nice and is very comfortable, love it. The only problem it had was several years ago freon leaked out...they found the leak and fixed it at a small cost. Very happy I purchased an Intrigue.

Probably the best car I have owned
By tangerinepug

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I am the third owner of this car. I bought it from my father, four years ago, prior to that it was a rental car. In the past four years, only one time have I put the key in the ignition and turned it, did the car not start! Just for that reason, the starter went out. I might add that this girl has 197,000 miles on it. My brother, a local mechanic, says I can easily get 250,000 out of her. She has always burned a little oil, and I am not as diligent on the changes as I should be. I have replaced a few minor parts, which is not a big surprise with the higher mileage.

Favorite Features

I love the side illumination with the turn signals at night. GREAT feature!