2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrigue model:
Old Used Car, still runs like new
By kjreinha on 11/21/13 08:23 AM (PST)

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GX 4dr Sedan

OK, So I found one that really was owned by an 80+yr old couple. Our just bought, 62k miles Intrigue, really shocked me with it's smooth performance, handling, acceleration and ride. I cleaned some carbon off the BTRFLY valve in the throttle body because the pedal was a little sticky and dropped in a new PCV valve ($3) and this car runs again like it is brand new. Dealer had all the records and showed only typical maintenance, OTW all original. I am not partial to any brand, and this was used, but I have been very impressed with a 14+yr old car running this well and looking this good. My highschool kids feel pretty lucky to have such a nice car to drive.

Kill it with fire!!!
By emt6 on 11/11/12 00:46 AM (PST)

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

Nothing but problems! Less then 100 000 miles on 'er and everything has been replaced on this car! Transmission, window motors, steering components, rear axle thingys, everything! And most of it would have been covered by my insurance, if it wasn't for the fact they would write it off! I mean, its like $1500 for the window motor to be replaceD! The value of the car is only like $1200, so i mean, anything and everything would be a write off for this thing! The thing eats oil and the paint peels off everytwhere, and there are a few spots that alway fill with water and rust holes! I can't keep this car on the road because so much goes wrong!

Just Not That Good
By clunkerjunker on 11/11/12 00:37 AM (PST)

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

This car has never met any of my expectations. It always has something wrong with it, be it the electrical, mechanical or cosmetic. The electrical is a little screwy, it has a tendency of some of the lights not working or working intermittently, and it isn't the bulbs or connectors, I have replace both. The warning lights come and go all the time, I never know if something is actually wrong. It doesn't burn or leak oil, but it takes 4L of oil for every tank of gas. Gas mileage is poor. Paint peels off on this car at the bottoms of the doors (See this on all of them). I have put a ton into it ($10 000) and by the sounds of it, I am lucky the transmission has not gone yet.

Great car
By morin1 on 11/02/12 15:33 PM (PDT)

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car new and wish Olds was still around making them. Great handling and milage, looks nice and is very comfortable, love it. The only problem it had was several years ago freon leaked out...they found the leak and fixed it at a small cost. Very happy I purchased an Intrigue.

Probably the best car I have owned
By tangerinepug on 07/15/12 09:48 AM (PDT)

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I am the third owner of this car. I bought it from my father, four years ago, prior to that it was a rental car. In the past four years, only one time have I put the key in the ignition and turned it, did the car not start! Just for that reason, the starter went out. I might add that this girl has 197,000 miles on it. My brother, a local mechanic, says I can easily get 250,000 out of her. She has always burned a little oil, and I am not as diligent on the changes as I should be. I have replaced a few minor parts, which is not a big surprise with the higher mileage.

Oldsmobile Intrigue GLS
By gudnason100 on 05/06/12 12:27 PM (PDT)

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

I bought my Intrigue in 2003 off lease with 60000Km (36000 mi) it now has 306,000 km and still running great. Everything still works power windows, sun roof, heated seats, power seat and leather seats still good. Rebuilt transmission last year which only cost me $2200, fuel sensor problem is caused by additive in certain gas. Use Shell and you will never have an issue. Replaced flywheel about 5 years ago with a used one. Lots of available used parts from wrecking yards which keep the cost of repair down because GM does not product a lot of parts for the Olds anymore. Northstar engine is still very strong, no rust although I do undercoat it annually.

Great Car, Expensive Repairs
By missava on 04/25/12 22:54 PM (PDT)

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

Oldsmobiles have been in my family for years. I just purchased my Intrigue last year and I have had nothing but problems with it. They're minor problems that happen with older cars, however the repairs add up to more than the car's blue book value. I love how it performs and it's great in the Colorado snow! But I think it's time to retire my beautiful car. I was really hoping to turn it into a real American car collector's item one day.

Love my 2000 Olds Intrigue!
By lanova on 11/15/11 18:50 PM (PST)

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GX 4dr Sedan

Reading everyone’s issues here w/their Intrigue, guess I got lucky. Bought mine new in 2000 with 10 km on it. Thought I had a lemon with problems of it overheating & adjustments were made to thermostat in 2nd year. Never had much heat after that unless I was doing 120km on the hwy driving easterly on a sunny day. Since I was having hot flashes & driving mostly hwy anyway, didn’t matter much, but I digress.

Awesome car
By snewberry on 11/14/11 18:24 PM (PST)

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GX 4dr Sedan

I bought mine brand new and have not had any problems. You just have to take care of your car.

2000 Olds Intrigue GL
By jroy94 on 07/23/11 11:54 AM (PDT)

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

When we bought ours about 3 months ago I loved it. But now, the crankshaft sensor needs to be replaced, the starter needs to be replaced and the gas needle has this problem where it still has 6 gallons of gas after it gets to E. Other than those problem it's a good running car. Plenty of power and handles like a sports car.