Used 2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan Consumer Reviews - 82 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan

View reviews for a specific Intrigue model:

Larry's Oldsmobile
By LARRY FERNSTROM

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

This is a great older car.

Fantastic car!
By Dee Hrin

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car when it was 8 years old and 8 years later STILL going strong! If I had the $ to take care of the undercarriage rust I'd do it! This car has been GREAT for me! It it's STILL worth a decent amount even now!

Not the greatest
By BK

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

This was my first car I had at 16 and owned it for 7 years. Bought it used with around 70,000 miles and worked good for the first year or 2. Performance was pretty good for a "grandma" car, putting the pedal down going about 30 would still break the tires loose. Understeer was as expected in a front wheel drive but it did well in the winter as long as there wasn't a huge snow storm. There were several things that went bad in the years I had it though. Wheel bearings were terrible. After about 2 years I had to replace the front bearings. Not long after that the rear ones went out. And about 3 years after replacing the rear bearings they went out again. 6 bearings for a car with 4 wheels over about a 5 or 6 year period is ridiculous, I initially blamed my driving thinking I took corners maybe faster than the car was meant for but I have since learned this was a common problem with the vehicle. About 3 years into owning it the electronic control module crapped out and wasn't worth the estimated $1000 for the dealership to fix it so I lived with it. This going out caused the dashboard to look like a christmas tree, no ABS, no traction control, the power steering just felt different but I can't describe the feeling even though it wasn't bad it was just different, the precision control didn't work even though I wasn't sure what that even did so that may be where the power steering felt different, electronics in the cab would do weird things like turn off the cruise control if you roll a window down and things of that nature. The cool thing about the ECM going out was the governor also went with it so one time while passing 4 cars I was able to take it to 126 before I decided it was smart to let off the gas. Passenger rear window went out and the replacement motor only worked for a few months so I believe the ECM going out had something to do with this. One spring the car was idling real low and would die at stop lights and that turned out to be a sensor in the engine. Another time the car idled way too high and I had to shift it into neutral at stop lights while onlookers probably thought I was showing off by revving the engine and then slamming it into gear, that was another sensor issue in the engine. And towards the end of my time with the vehicle it just shifted like crap, hard shifts and had problems finding the right gear to be in. This vehicle was probably my last experience I will ever have with a GM, there was always something wrong with it.

Old Used Car, ran like new, total led by tree
By kjreinha

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GX 4dr Sedan

OK, So I found one that really was owned by an 80+yr old couple.
Our just bought, 62k miles Intrigue, really shocked me with it's smooth performance, handling, acceleration and ride.
I cleaned some carbon off the BTRFLY valve in the throttle body because the pedal was a little sticky and dropped in a new PCV valve ($3) and this car runs again like it is brand new.
Dealer had all the records and showed only typical maintenance, OTW all original.
I am not partial to any brand, and this was used, but I have been very impressed with a 14+yr old car running this well and looking this good.
My highschool kids feel pretty lucky to have such a nice car to drive.

Kill it with fire!!!
By emt6

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

Nothing but problems!
Less then 100 000 miles on 'er and everything has been replaced on this car!
Transmission, window motors, steering components, rear axle thingys, everything!
And most of it would have been covered by my insurance, if it wasn't for the fact they would write it off!
I mean, its like $1500 for the window motor to be replaceD!
The value of the car is only like $1200, so i mean, anything and everything would be a write off for this thing!
The thing eats oil and the paint peels off everytwhere, and there are a few spots that alway fill with water and rust holes!
I can't keep this car on the road because so much goes wrong!

None what-so-ever

You can't improve something this far gone.