1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue Consumer Review: The Olds-motrigue!

1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan - Consumer Review

1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan

The Olds-motrigue!
By Woodbed on

1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL 4dr Sedan

Well, this is the fifth year I've been driving this car and I've put 60,000mi on the V6-3800. I've bought it used with 32,000mi and I've had one major problem with the steering column when I first bought it (under warranty replacement) Since then only regular maintenance, I've changed the battery, 3 changes of brakes, one ventilation motor(squeaking), bought one set of winter tires and I'm still running on the same Goodyear LS that came new with it. I'm 33yr, 6'4"-200pd and this was one of the few cars that I was comfortable in for my budget. I don't regret it at all. This is my 2nd 3800 and they are reliable/strong motors but they do drink oil. Good fuel economy if you know how to drive it

The car still looks good compared with newer models. It has the muscular fenders on the back. Although not a lot of positive comments from my young crowd, they mostly see it as a granny car. The sound of the Bose system is very good. Plenty of power and torque. Smooth, quiet and fast ride.

The seats have no lumbar support and are very discomforting after long rides. The interior plastic is very cheap and will snap out(arm rest). The ABS brake makes a loud rattle. Remove the block engine (max 110mph). It could go a lot faster without any vibrations. I loved this car.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review