Olds intrigue is Fun to drive, comfortable.
By drdoug99 on
1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue GLS 4dr Sedan
I just bought the car used off a random guy off Craigslist for 1,000 bucks a couple months ago. It has issues of course, most minor, some major for a 14 year old car. Just put another 1,000 into it having the rear strut assemblies replaced, new exhaust system, tie rod, alignment, etc. This is all the major work that needed done. The rest is piddly stuff that any old car would need. So for 2,000 bucks I have a car that drives like a 10,000 car. It's got the 3.5L, with 160,000 miles on it. The engine and transmission shift smooth and quiet. The motor has plenty of passing power. Very impressed with the car overall.
Favorite Features
This is the GLS model I was lucky enough to find, so it's got the leather power seats which are cool, never had that before. Compass on rear view mirror. Huge trunk size. Was not expecting this huge of a trunk on this car. The car looks like a larger size full sedan, but handles great, steering is tight, I have no problem with getting into or out of parking spaces. Plenty of rear seat room to fit 2 to 3 adults comfortably. (Real adults over 200 lbs.)
Suggested Improvements
I could think of improvements, but since Oldsmobile is no more, not like it's going to do any good anyway to list them. Any improvements, like obviously the CD player will have to be changed out to a MP3 player model for the 21st century LOL...I'll have to do myself.