If I could, I would buy another one!
By maani on
1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL 4dr Sedan
As a car for a first time driver, I would give this car a 5 out of 5. It was safe, easy to handle, hard to dent and not embarrassing to be seen driving. My parents purchased this car in 2007 with 69,501 miles for $5000. Standard maintenance was fairly cheap. The only expensive replacement part was the alternator in 2011 at 120,000 miles. Sadly, I no longer drive it due to accident that hit my front driver's side wheel and ruined the driver's side door. The driver was going 45mph when they hit me and I walked away without a single scratch. I would totally buy another intrigue if I could!
Favorite Features
Easy handling and steering, the quality of the interior, the v6 engine, the exterior popping out large dents (A God send when you live on a college campus!), and the ability to drive in all weather conditions. No need to worry about getting home from work in a level two snow storm!
Suggested Improvements
Steering wheel vibrated a bit violently when traveling at speeds greater than 70mph, and the seal around the windows would freeze below 40 degrees Fahrenheit.