1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue Consumer Review: Five Years and Still Going St

1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue - Consumer Review

GL Sedan (3.8L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Five Years and Still Going Strong!
By Paul on

1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL 4dr Sedan

I bought this car about 5 years ago with 82,000 miles on it and I am still in love with it. I have only had one problem which was the drivers window motor and track broke. Probably because I eat so much fast food and use it way more that average. It is very spacious and comfortable except on long road trips the seats become bricks. It now has 142,000 miles on it and I have had to replace some of the suspension because of normal wear and tear. The engine and transmission have been perfect despite claims at the dealership that the tranny has a bad reputation just to sell me a warranty which I refused. It picks up speed very quickly and has 215 HP whith 3.5L which is much better than the 3.8L!

The horsepower, it can really get up and go. Roomy, large trunk, sleek sporty design yet still a family car. Neat hidden small driverside compartment and hideaway center cup holder.

Easier access to do a tune-up. Unless i just can't figure it out. Easier method to remove the internal oil filter. Be able to turn off the headlamps without the cars e-brake being on then having to start the car.
By idiots
on 03/23/11 18:58 PM (PDT)

just wait until you have to fix it up every week, you won't be so happy.