1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrigue model:
Not sure why GM is ending Olds
By JP4444 on 06/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL 4dr Sedan

I have a little over 40,000 miles now and from an engine standpoint the car runs great. Little problems from that standpoint. The goodies have broken more than once such as the A/C Sensor for automatic climate control and a sensor for the Traction system. Windows stop working once in a while... typical GM problem w/4 door cars. Had his on my LeSabre as well. Car handles well, doesn't have as much 'get up and go' as it did at 20,000 miles. Overall a great purchase for the bucks.

My experience with the Olds Intrigue
By redly1 on 04/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue GX 4dr Sedan

THE GOOD: This car has excellent bang for the buck. Esp. the GX model, which can be had for pennies. Even as the base model, you get a plenty of options. Mine has a moonroof, keyless entry, power seat, and that beautiful 3.5L DOHC. This car was made for the interstate. Passing is not only acceptable, but enjoyable. The instrument panel is attractive and gives a good amount of vitals about the car. Seats are comfortable yet supportive. Handling is great THE BAD Fit and finish could have been better (crooked panels, interior and exterior) Brakes need to be replaced prematurely (damn GM accountants) minor annoying glitches like headlight flicker and intermittent power windows.

1999 Olds Intrigue GLS
By Colin on 04/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue GLS 4dr Sedan

This car has a supberb powertrain and good looks, but the cheap interior limits my overall satisfaction. After 3 years I'm still very pleased with the power and handling. This car handles like a small car with all the comforts of a big car. Overall reliability has been solid - no mechanical problems yet. The interior feels cheap - even compared to my Sable (which is hardly top of the line). The windows aren't tinted enough. I often get uncomfortably hot sun on the back of my neck. The sun visor isn't long enough to completely block the sun (I noticed GM has now fixed this problem.) Typical of every American car I've owned, this one became very noisy (wind noise) after 6 months.

Oldsmobile 99 Intrique, 4 dr Sedan
By R. E. on 04/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL 4dr Sedan

The 99 Intrique is a 4 door sdn, In Excellent condition, Color Steel Gray Current Inspection to April 2003

olds reveiw
By rreedr on 03/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

Great car

Great Car!
By gatorchamps96 on 03/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue GLS 4dr Sedan

We bought this car with alot of enthusiasm. It was refreshing to find a GM that exceeded all others in its class. The overall performance of this vehicle really shined when we compared it to other competitors (Accord, Camry, etc). The car has never given us any mechanical problems, and it has aged very well. The interior looks as new as the day we bought it, and the exterior paint looks perfect. We have had to replace a power window motor, but it was taken care of thru our warranty and has never given us any more problems. The car has been fun to own and fun to drive. I would definitely refer this car to a friend.

fun to drive, when it's not in the shop
By buzzard4 on 03/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue GLS 4dr Sedan

I have a '99 GLS with the 3.5L V6. It handles well, and jumps from 55 to 85 very (too) easily. My biggest complaint is quality of the components. I've had nagging minor problems (door trim, uneven fit in interior), more serious mechanical defects (warping brake rotors, crank shaft sensor), and major mechanical breakdowns (power steering went out, rack replaced 3 times). Without those issues, I'd love the car.

A Good Car
By Shawn on 03/02/02 11:27 AM (PST)

1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue GX 4dr Sedan

This is fine car. GM put together a capable auto that can carry 5 passengers comfortably. The V6 (derived from Cadillacs Northstar V8) manages every driving condition with ease. It manages to do this on 87 octane (reguar) gas while its competitors require premium gas. The car provides the same fuel efficiency as its competitors as well. No problems to report with this car at nearly 60000 miles.