Used 1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan Consumer Reviews - 91 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrigue model:

Do not buy!
By George

1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

The plastic trim under the doors holds water and the frame rusts. I probably knocked off ten pounds of rust this past week. I get about 15 mpg in the city and 19 maybe 20 mpg on highway. The crankshaft sensor went out after a month or two after I bought it. Friends who have the same car tell me they have to replace theirs about once a year. They cost around $60 so its not an expensive fix but it adds up year after year. The car just wasn't designed very well. Especially for rust. I can't even jack my car up to change a tire because the frame will bend and crack from all the rust. Do not buy. Spend a little more on a better car. Like a Honda. This car is a waste of money

I like the stock radio. It has good sound capabilities for stock. With good tires it run very smooth and has some decent power.

The plastic trim needs to go! The crankshaft sensor needs to be looked at and fixed. The interior plastic coverings cannot not be removed without breaking

My Favorite Car
By Rocketfxr

1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

I purchased a 1997 Olds Intrigue GL Basic with no bells and whistles back in 1999. It had been a former rental car with 23K miles, so it had been "well loved". I put over 120K on it myself. 3 years later I found another 1999 Intrigue GLS with low mileage, Leather interior, Bose Stereo, Power seats. I have put over 100K on this car. I had to replace the engine at and rebuild the transmission at 120K. It was worth the cost, the car is so nice to drive and it really moves! GM really messed up discontinueing this line.

Great looks, reliability, comfort,Leg and head room, cabin controls, handling in any weather. Fun to drive!

A 4.0 V-6 would make this one really fast car! Bring the Intrigue back!

Great Car
By Phyllis

1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

We brought this car in August of 2004 because of the price and the financing on it was in our price range. It has been one of the best cars we have ever owned. Very few problems and nothing major has gone wrong with it. It runs great and get great mileage. We are still driving it and still love it.

Can' never go wrong with the 3800!
By mboily

1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

6 Years and 70,000miles since I bought this 38,000miles used car. First off, I was a young sales rep when I got the car back then and the reason was because it was the only car I've tried under $12K that I felt very comfortable in. I'm 6'4" and no other car offer this type on leg and head room. I also wanted to another 3800 motor. I didn't have to any troubles with the car, the sterring colomn was the biggest issue I had when I got it at 40Kmiles, it was replace under warranty since then They have made a call back on that issue. I've just changed the rear suspension abd battery. I also had to change one interior fan motor ar 80Kmiles. I had 3 sets of brakes an rotors in total.

Style, most people don't take the time to look at it but it was some sleek muscle styling. Low torque, smooth ride but nimble when needed.Radio is very good. Lots of room. Hight ground clerance, winter drivability, Good stering response. 2 way Climite control. Trunk space. Highway fuel consumption.

It's a bit late for improvements but here are the things I dont like: Interior is cheap and feel boring. seat are not that comfy for long drives(more then 3 hours). Speed limiter stinks@! (178kmh) Paint chips a lot.

Ten and I still love her!
By Lyn

1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

She has almost 160,000 on her, a few little patches of rust, have had to replace 2 sensors, and have had a few problems..her interior is getting worn, right blinker stops working when ya slam the hood too hard.....but this little car can still go from 0 to 60 in seconds! Everyone laughs until they drive her. I love this car, it's been faithful, best I have ever owned...and still driving it 9 years later!