Used 1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue - Consumer Reviews

1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan

View reviews for a specific Intrigue model:

Can' never go wrong with the 3800!
By mboily

1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

6 Years and 70,000miles since I bought this 38,000miles used car. First off, I was a young sales rep when I got the car back then and the reason was because it was the only car I've tried under $12K that I felt very comfortable in. I'm 6'4" and no other car offer this type on leg and head room. I also wanted to another 3800 motor. I didn't have to any troubles with the car, the sterring colomn was the biggest issue I had when I got it at 40Kmiles, it was replace under warranty since then They have made a call back on that issue. I've just changed the rear suspension abd battery. I also had to change one interior fan motor ar 80Kmiles. I had 3 sets of brakes an rotors in total.

Favorite Features

Style, most people don't take the time to look at it but it was some sleek muscle styling. Low torque, smooth ride but nimble when needed.Radio is very good. Lots of room. Hight ground clerance, winter drivability, Good stering response. 2 way Climite control. Trunk space. Highway fuel consumption.

Suggested Improvements

It's a bit late for improvements but here are the things I dont like: Interior is cheap and feel boring. seat are not that comfy for long drives(more then 3 hours). Speed limiter stinks@! (178kmh) Paint chips a lot.

Ten and I still love her!
By Lyn

1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

She has almost 160,000 on her, a few little patches of rust, have had to replace 2 sensors, and have had a few problems..her interior is getting worn, right blinker stops working when ya slam the hood too hard.....but this little car can still go from 0 to 60 in seconds! Everyone laughs until they drive her. I love this car, it's been faithful, best I have ever owned...and still driving it 9 years later!

Old Dependable
By Tropycsman

1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used as a rental. I maintain it well. The mileage has been very punishing city driving 95% of the time. I average 16mpg city and 27mpg highway. Other than an issue with the brake proportioning valve, the car has been very dependable. It is my "beater" and keeps on ticking. The performance aspect has been very surprising. With the right tires the car handles well in the rain, snow, and, of course, dry conditions. Acceleration is good with lots of low end torque (3.8L V-6). Interior is comfortable and roomy but plain. This car is a keeper.

Favorite Features

Engine, handling, dependability.

Suggested Improvements

Better styling. More options. (It's too late though, GM has shut this division down a long time ago).

The Oldsmotrigue
By Mike

1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

Well, it's official now, my car is 10 years Olds!! It has 128000miles on the odometer and the way it feels, it could take another 100000. I have the 3.8 version. I had a buick T-Type before with the same motor and I sold it with 145000miles on it. Since I have it I've had the regular maintenance and parts replace from wear and tear, nothing more. Since i'm young (early 30's) my generation is too familiar with keeping a vehicule or buying American for that matter, I always under pressure to change it for an Europeen model! But since this one is paid for and is running in good order I will keep it and perhaps get a BRAND NEW SPORTS CAR!! (pronouce like Bob Barker would) THE 2010 CHEVY CAMARO!

Favorite Features

Its sheet metalskin stretches tautly across the framework like a lean and muscular athlete. Nimble too! The sound at low torque from the 3800.

Suggested Improvements

It's revival?

No regrets
By biglakemi68

1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

I have owned three Cutlasses ('68, '71 and '80), an Alero, an Aurora and a LSS 88 and this has been my favorite Olds. Right now I have 175K on the original motor and tranny and can still pull 100+ mph speeds on closed track. Reliability has been excellent. Repairs have all been within reasonable parameters for a car of its age and mileage. She's starting to show her age cosmetically, but still rides like a dream and runs like a rocket. Love the control placement, cabin ergonomics and handling.

Favorite Features

3.5L V6 - can't kill it. Great sound system. Love the moon roof. Seat design and foot well are wonderful - - at 6'3" and 275#, this is important. Still runs like champ with lots of low and high end power.

Suggested Improvements

Bring back the GM designers that put this together. I still can't believe that a lemon line Buick survived and Olds was put to pasture.