1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrigue model:
Olds but not forgotten
By hr on 06/28/08 02:01 AM (PDT)

1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

This is a great all around car. It is midsize and not too big or too small. It has split folding rear seats to haul bigger objects. It gets 22 miles per gallon of reg. fuel.

Good Car Overall
By Tiffany on 05/29/08 10:53 AM (PDT)

1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

Originally bought the car with 36K on it and now at 170K I can't really complain. I haven't had anything major wrong with it, just normal maintenance fixes so far. The one continuous problem that I am having is that the light in the front blinkers keeps going out. I just quit having it fixed.

1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue GLS Sedan
By Steve on 02/05/08 06:34 AM (PST)

1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I've had this car eight years now, and I'd swear it still drives like it did when we bought it. Handling is sharp and precise, the 3.5 L engine is serious fun to drive. It still gets 28 mpg on the highway. I am still smile every time I get into it and I think that says a lot. It's just too bad GM killed this car & engine. I've had one problem with it; the crank shaft position sensor went out around 60,000 miles, I replaced it for $125, everything else has been regular maintenance. What has made an impression on me, it has been in the body shop a couple times, the men that worked on it mentioned how well this car was built. I plan to drive it until it hits 200K.

The "Trigue is the Greatest!
By bayview6 on 01/20/08 11:11 AM (PST)

1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

Sure, I've had to replace the crankcase sensor and a couple of front wheel hubs, but I've really gotten my money's worth from my Intrigue. Now at 100K miles (bought new) and that includes plenty of severe service of driving for less than 1 mile, the car drives "almost" like new. Will change the spark plugs for the first time in a few weeks. I have maintained the vehicle reasonably well, probably better than most people. Plan on keeping it for several more years since its fuel economy is outstanding given its performance, everything on the car works, and its body styling only gets better with age. I'm very glad I bought it.

Familiarity...ouch.
By Divad on 11/29/07 16:37 PM (PST)

1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

Great acceleration. It's so quiet that I forget if it's even on when I'm parked. But, as someone has said before me, the ABS, power steering and shock system all have problems. A lot of knocking around and a very stiff drive. I took mine in to get it inspected, and it passed with flying colors, but I still have problems with the suspension and a horrible wobbling with the ABS. Also, the power steering somehow affects the drivability and acceleration around corners-in a bad way.

The Olds-motrigue!
By Woodbed on 10/16/07 11:09 AM (PDT)

1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

Well, this is the fifth year I've been driving this car and I've put 60,000mi on the V6-3800. I've bought it used with 32,000mi and I've had one major problem with the steering column when I first bought it (under warranty replacement) Since then only regular maintenance, I've changed the battery, 3 changes of brakes, one ventilation motor(squeaking), bought one set of winter tires and I'm still running on the same Goodyear LS that came new with it. I'm 33yr, 6'4"-200pd and this was one of the few cars that I was comfortable in for my budget. I don't regret it at all. This is my 2nd 3800 and they are reliable/strong motors but they do drink oil. Good fuel economy if you know how to drive it

Excellent car
By Brandon on 09/30/07 20:50 PM (PDT)

1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

Bought this car 5 months ago with 73,600 miles and now has 82,200. Runs like a brand new car. Impressive gas mileage for a V6, 25/city and 28- 31/highway. Excellent acceleration and passing power. Very roomy. Quiet and comfortable ride.

Reliable with regular oil changes
By Kevin on 04/17/07 23:28 PM (PDT)

1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

Bought this car used with only 7,400 miles on it. I now have 86,000 miles on it and it still runs great. ust follow the maintenance schedule and you'll be fine. I've had to replace the battery twice. But no other issues or extra costs. Changed the oil between 3K and when the change oil light came on. I have to make sure I check the oil levels regularly since it uses about a quart in between every oil change. Comfortable, powerful, and good stock speaker system. Handles smooth and predictable.

Like a Vette
By OwnedEmAll on 04/12/07 17:41 PM (PDT)

1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I've owned cars for 55 years and none has given me more all around pleasure than this car. On twisty two-lanes or the interstate it has been great. It handles much the same as my '66 Vette coupe, without the 350 hp of course, and the V6 3.8 liter engine is strong, smooth and bulletproof. Maybe the 3.5 could be better, but I don't care.

Fun to Drive, but not Reliable
By Michelle on 03/12/07 07:24 AM (PDT)

1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

This is a stylish car that is fun to drive, but it's not reliable. First, all four of the power windows quit working. Then the regulator broke in ALL four windows so the windows would not stay up. Now the A/C is on the fritz and it has had numerous electrical problems that are extremely expensive to fix. The cruise control no longer works and the driver's side sun visor broke so it no longer stays up.