Loved this car
By Intrigue fan on
1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue 4dr Sedan
I bought this car used in 2004, w/45,000 miles. I was used to buying foreign, and remember test driving this when it was new. It was designed to compete with foreign cars, handling and design. Also the 3800 Series II was a temp till the engine they planned for the car was finished. I must say I LOVED THIS CAR from the day I bought it, till I sold it, and wish hadn't. The handling was great, and very similar to foreign. Gas mileage was remarkably good for a 3.8 engine. This engine blows the replacement 3.5 engine (later yrs) away. Much smoother and quieter shifting and ride. Great room, great design. I only wish they still made them. My A/C went too. Otherwise reliable, except normal wear.
Favorite Features
the engine was dependable and great ride. Auto headlights on/off and door lock/unlock
Suggested Improvements
Irrelevant, but cupholder broke, cruise control button had to leave on to work (just wiring loose) Everything worked well for a 100k miles!
By kenislorne
on 09/04/12 21:36 PM (PDT)

Bought this car in 2002 with 26,000 miles on it. Runs great but never could get the air conditioning to work properly. It works better when the weather is cool. Later I read in Consumer Reports that this model and year had problems with the air conditioning. Too bad....otherwise I would have given it 5 stars instead of 4.