Decent Car
By Ktrud on
1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL 4dr Sedan
Bought my 98 Intrigue at 64,000 in May of 09, got a great deal on it from the dealership I worked at. Old guy owned it before, hardly drove it. After owning it a year and a half it is still a nice car. The interior has held up nicely. 3 of the 4 power window motors went out due to car being from TX, lots of dust and dirt in the track caused windows to fall out of tracks. Replaced serpentine belt at 72k. Quarter panels seem to dent very easily with the slightest impact. Currently has 87k on it and everything is going well! Paint holds up, electric system, brakes.. ride is very smooth and pretty quiet for being 12 years old. All around nice car for the average driver.
Favorite Features
The gas/drunk release buttons, quality of the leather seats, comfortable for long drives, lots of room! Parts are cheap, oil changes cost me $12 (do it myself) Decent gas mileage (20/28 sometimes 30)
Suggested Improvements
Climate control system is totally stupid. If you want heat and turn the dial to hot, or if you want to turn fan blower up, the a/c automatically comes on. Dents easily in fender benders. Fabric used on ceiling and sun shades tears VERY easily.