1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrigue model:
Exceeded my expectations
By greggerm on 02/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

At 120,000 miles, this car has exceeded my expectations. It's comfortable, smooth, and versatile. I have had very few problems (brakes and alternators). I drive mainly the highway and the car has always been smooth and quiet. I am surprised at how pleased the 1998 owners are vs. the 2001 owners. Why? Seems like 1998 owners should be experiencing more problems, but they reviews do not reflect that.

Great Little Car
By happy teenager on 02/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

We bought my car with 67000 miles and we've only had a couple minor problems that would occurr with normal wear and tear like a new accesory belt ect. Its fun to drive and still really practical. Drives like a tank in the snow. 4 inches plus havn't stopped me a bit.

intrigue1998
By olds49 on 02/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan 4dr Sedan

Everything held together pretty well until 60,000 miles then oil leaks started, strut supports went out, alternator was replaced, idler pulley came apart, now I hear there's a forthcoming recall for the steering box. Also along the way a couple of electric window motors failed. I've driven Japanese autos to well over 100,000 miles without any of this foolishness happening. Had considered an Impala until stuff started breaking, but since it's a GM drivetrain clone of this car I might just pass and check out Honda Accords, Toyota Camrys, and Mazda 6's.

Great Choice
By Happy Driver on 01/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

Bought the car new in 99 - mechanics leftover type deal so it had 3400 miles, big deal! I love this car. Has been great! I drive one of the twistiest highways in NY to and from work and never had a problem. Smooth power on the hills, holds the road great. Cup holder holds anything. Live on top of a Mtn and never even put snows on this baby!

It Only It Had Been Called A Cutlass. .
By OldsSince76 on 01/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

So when we walked away from the alleged Cutlass in 1998, the dealer guided us towards the Intrigue. "You'll love it," he said, and he was right. Almost six years later, with minimal maintenance (read: normal) required, I have to ask the question: if this had been named the Cutlass, and was available in a coupe, you'd still be seeing the Oldsmobile brand under the GM umbrella. This car is every bit as fun to drive now as it was new, and I truly wish GM would have realized what a tremendous opportunity it had with this car.

Keeps going and going
By NonStop on 12/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan 4dr Sedan

I've owned this car for about 3 years now. When it was bought it only had around 56000 miles on it. The car now has over 207000 miles on it.My experience with this car has been a very pleasant one to say the least. This car has not had any major mechanical problems involving either the engine or other wise. I’ve driven many miles in this car it has never let me down no matter the situation.The vehicle has its faults, but they are minor at best and should not detract from this vehicle especially if your the type that likes to have a car that can handle the miles in better than decent comfort and with impeccable reliability.

Best Car EVER!
By Drewskki27455 on 12/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan 4dr Sedan

This is the best car I have ever own. Period.

Oldsmobile in the USA
By michael R. on 10/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

never a problem with over 120k just general fluid changes and light maintenance. Who says general motors cant't build. The ride and quality of the oldsmobile intrigue rivals the japan and european sedans. The oldsmobile intrigue one really good car.I have owned the rivals too.

Great American Gem
By joemastertrader on 10/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

My car has 92,000 miles on it and I have not had to make one repair, except for oil changes, one set of brakes and tires, this car has not cost me a dime. Gas milege is very reasonable. I drive 70 miles a day and average around 24 miles to the gallon. With my 70 mile round trip commute, I have found the seating very comfortable. I have found an American gem. This car provides all of the features, look, handling and functionality I could ask for in a car. With ample space for a family of 5, I doubt a Japanese car in its class could compare!!

Nice car, sorry to see Olds stop product
By Buggs70 on 09/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

My wife and I bought the car new in Oct 98 and have 61000 miles on it. I am sorry to see them no longer making Oldsmobile. I never wanted an Oldsmobile product because they were always so old looking (elderly peeps car). The intrigue has been great for us and we are a family of four. We have had the car 5 years with no problems but standard maintenance. The dash heats up if you drive a lot at night from the lighting but other than that no problems at all.