1999 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Consumer Review: Most Reliable Vehicle I Have E

1999 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight - Consumer Review

50th Anniversary Sedan (3.8L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Most Reliable Vehicle I Have Ever Owned in 32 Years
By alienrealtor on

1999 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight 50th Anniversary 4dr Sedan

In my eyes it's good looking, my kids are not thrilled about it's appearance though. It has been a good and very reliable friend. It does not require much maintenance or repair. I have 112,000 miles on it and it's still very solid. Obviously it is not a good idea to sell it, you won't be paid much for it and the clear coat is still shiny, so why bother. It's paid for and the insurance is peanuts on it. This Anniversary Edition has every luxury option and they all work fine! If you find one, don't hesitate to buy it. It's a very nice vehicle. Oil changes every 3,000 miles are a must, Synthetic oil will give you about 30 MPG on the highway, every so often go for the high octane gas that has cleaners (BP Gold, Chevron 93 or Shell 93).

The leather, digital dash, and ice cold a/c.

I have no idea why they don't make it anymore. This one is fantastic. I've had many different cars in 30+ years, if you are not looking for a status symbol (Lexus, BMW, etc) this is a very nice transportation.