1999 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eighty-Eight model:
Excelent College Car
By pizzaman09 on 03/12/12 20:18 PM (PDT)

1999 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight 4dr Sedan

My 1999 Oldsmobile 88 was my grandparents car and was given to my twin brother and I as our first car with only 42k miles on it! We have been driving it for about 5 years now and it has 69k miles on it. They 88 has been outstandingly reliable, we have under $1200 of maintenance into it in 5 years. We had the common intake leak and the power antenna is stuck up but else it is perfect. I use to hate how it looked but it has grown on me. It is factory Crimson Red and I have white strip tires on it, it looks sharp and stands out among today's cars. The ride and handling is like a marshmallow, but that is often a good thing. It is plenty quick too! I also enjoy the huge trunk!

I love this car!
By susan on 01/02/10 17:45 PM (PST)

1999 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight 50th Anniversary 4dr Sedan

I also hate that GM did not cover my expensive gasket problem when it happened in 2005 with just under 90,000 miles on it. Now have 141,000 miles and it has a few minor things wrong with it that I won't bother to fix - but I do love driving it. Also had problems with splitting leather problems the last 5 years. Somehow that hasn't held me back and I wish I could find another like it!

Most Reliable Vehicle I Have Ever Owned in 32 Years
By alienrealtor on 12/08/06 20:04 PM (PST)

1999 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight 50th Anniversary 4dr Sedan

In my eyes it's good looking, my kids are not thrilled about it's appearance though. It has been a good and very reliable friend. It does not require much maintenance or repair. I have 112,000 miles on it and it's still very solid. Obviously it is not a good idea to sell it, you won't be paid much for it and the clear coat is still shiny, so why bother. It's paid for and the insurance is peanuts on it. This Anniversary Edition has every luxury option and they all work fine! If you find one, don't hesitate to buy it. It's a very nice vehicle. Oil changes every 3,000 miles are a must, Synthetic oil will give you about 30 MPG on the highway, every so often go for the high octane gas that has cleaners (BP Gold, Chevron 93 or Shell 93).

50th Anniversary Edition
By Susan on 09/30/06 14:35 PM (PDT)

1999 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight 50th Anniversary 4dr Sedan

I love this car. The only problem I've had - and it was big - was when a gasket leak took out the engine about a year ago. It appears to be a known problem - but they gave me little relief. One drawback is that the back seat does not have headrests. The driver's seat leather is splitting. But I love the look of this car and it's comfort. It's hard to find a vehicle as nice for its price. I'm at 108,000 miles now and hoping for many more.

Not just Grandma's car
By Wiccabeauty on 07/18/05 12:49 PM (PDT)

1999 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight 4dr Sedan

I am buying this car from my mom which whom she bought from Murray Equipment TSC for 1100.00. It is a champaigne color and has 154,150. Big car but it something like the Impala and Old Lumina's on the interior. I like this car a lot but would love to have my old Lumina back.

A Good Family Sedan
By lovdmc12 on 07/05/05 21:17 PM (PDT)

1999 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car as a daily driver when my Aurora started having major problems. It is a solid family sedan with good accelartion and gas mileage. The fit and finish are excellent, and the car has proven to be very reliable with over 101000 miles at the time of purchase. I lament the death of Oldsmobile as these fine cars were some of the best to come out of GM in recent years.

Wish they would make them again!
By ynotps on 05/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this Olds Eighty-Eight LS certified pre-owned 2 years ago, with 40,000. It has been a great car and I think GM should consider building them again. I just sold the car with 62,000, and had no problems at all during my 2 year ownership. I highly recommend one, especially if you find one that has been pampered.