1998 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Consumer Review: A Good Solid Lux Automobile

1998 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight - Consumer Review

LS Sedan (3.8L V6 4-speed Automatic)

A Good Solid Lux Automobile
By Robbed718 on

1998 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car about a week ago now with 54,000 miles on it. It was from a little old lady who lost her vision and the car was rarely used. I bought it and brought it to the mechanic. Apparently the V5 A/C Compressors on this car are horrible. It is making a sound when the belt turns but I ordered one online for only 200 bucks (Mechanics shop wants $450 just for the compressor) I heard these are great cars esp with the 3800 that's why I bought it. I plan on keeping it a while, it drives beautifully. Very Comfortable, decent gas mileage and fun to drive. Its basically like driving a big leather couch with lots of power. Overall I am very happy so far and it is worth the money

Leather Seats (Option for 98), Wood grain Trim inside the LS isn't cheap at all, bulletproof workhorse 3800 motor. Even though I have to spent about $800 bucks to get the thing up and running to its maximum potential, these cars are tanks and worth every penny of my money.

boring styling, bad V5 Compressors Suck and plastic intake manifolds ( But not all of them have this problem, you have to anticipate a few repairs with a 12 year old car.