1998 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Consumer Review: Update on Eighty Eigh LS

1998 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight - Consumer Review

LS Sedan (3.8L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Update on Eighty Eigh LS
By robbed718 on

1998 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight LS 4dr Sedan

Robbed718 back. Update on the Oldsmobile Eighty Eight I bought with 53,000 miles in March of 2010 from the old lady whom lost her vision. The car now has 77,000 miles on it. I've had to replace a belt tensioner, tires and a sepentine belt since. Everything is still holding up good on the car, engine is still powerful and not bad on gas. (I get about 24mpg) . I think I could get 175-200K out of this baby. I'm gonna plan on it!

Comfy Seats on Leather, Nice Audio, Nice Performance, Ergonomic

Interior build quality ( a Problem of GM's for this era, but the bigger cars were more solid)
By dsmartin77
on 07/29/11 18:15 PM (PDT)

We have inherited a 1998 Olds 88 and have had a problem with it not starting after stopping for an errand after driving about 40-45 miles. It always starts before the wrecker comes and will not repeat for the service mechanic. It then started dying while driving around 55 miles per hour on the highway. Losing power and not knowing it is life threatening!!! We replaced fuel pump seemed to be fine then repeated problem so replaced the crank sensor--worked two weeks and again yesterday stranded several times...any advice??? We cannot keep putting money into it and need reliable transportation!!!!