Used 1996 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eighty-Eight model:

Awesome first Car
By mancheskia

1996 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Sedan LSS 4dr Sedan

This was my first car that I owned when I got my license. Gas mileage was great 28 mpg hwy with a V6 and about 16 city for a 1996 I would consider that very good especially since car these day aren't getting much better mileage if they are at all better in the same class. Car was very comfortable and reliability wasn't much of an issue until I had about 200,000 miles on the car.

Comfortable car with great gas mileage especially considering age and size of car.

Come back Oldsmobile.

Uncomfortable Seats
By GARY

1996 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Sedan 4dr Sedan

Overall this is a great car, but it has terrible seats in the front. My car's driver side seat tilt is stuck with a bad motor. It is also a little hard to steer when parking. Other than that, this car has a good ride and gets good gas millage.

The engine is smooth and quiet

Improve the seats, radio, and steering.

Long live the 88
By jks

1996 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Sedan LSS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 160,000 miles on it, it now has 190,000 and is still going strong. It leaks a little oil but burns none. I have never have to add any between oil changes (3,000mi.). It is very quick for a big car with a V6 engnie. It has a very comfortable ride. Its body roll is a bit much in a hard corner but then it's not a sports car. It has been very reliable.

The leather seats, 3.8L V6 engine is very smooth, very soft ride, and all the power stuff.

Improve its gas mpg, I had a 1988 88 and averaged 33 mpg on the highway. This one gets only 28 mpg.

Fun to drive.
By Dave

1996 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Sedan LSS 4dr Sedan

The Olds Eighty-eight is a great highway car! It is very stable at high speeds, has good acceleration, is comfortable, and has acceptable gas mileage considering the horsepower. Like all sporty cars, this is not the most maintenance-free I've owned. That is not to say it left me stranded on the side of the road, it just needed attention periodically; lots of little things quit working properly. Overall a good second car, and a great family vacation car.

LSS package including traction control; love the stability of the 16" rims, bucket leather seats are comfortable even over the long-haul, smooth and brisk acceleration. Also, generous passenger compartment.

Make the engineer who designed the engine change ALL the belts... then he'll never design a motor like that again! What a lazy company for not fixing that problem prior to production.

Rate
By Joe S

1996 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Sedan LSS 4dr Sedan

Great car.Vey rialable.I feel very safly driving this car.

Improve mileage from 30mi/gal to 34mi/gal