1996 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eighty-Eight model:
Awesome first Car
By mancheskia on 11/29/11 08:03 AM (PST)

1996 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight LSS 4dr Sedan

This was my first car that I owned when I got my license. Gas mileage was great 28 mpg hwy with a V6 and about 16 city for a 1996 I would consider that very good especially since car these day aren't getting much better mileage if they are at all better in the same class. Car was very comfortable and reliability wasn't much of an issue until I had about 200,000 miles on the car.

Uncomfortable Seats
By GARY on 11/23/06 13:30 PM (PST)

1996 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight 4dr Sedan

Overall this is a great car, but it has terrible seats in the front. My car's driver side seat tilt is stuck with a bad motor. It is also a little hard to steer when parking. Other than that, this car has a good ride and gets good gas millage.

Long live the 88
By jks on 06/07/06 19:23 PM (PDT)

1996 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight LSS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 160,000 miles on it, it now has 190,000 and is still going strong. It leaks a little oil but burns none. I have never have to add any between oil changes (3,000mi.). It is very quick for a big car with a V6 engnie. It has a very comfortable ride. Its body roll is a bit much in a hard corner but then it's not a sports car. It has been very reliable.

Fun to drive.
By Dave on 04/11/06 12:47 PM (PDT)

1996 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight LSS 4dr Sedan

The Olds Eighty-eight is a great highway car! It is very stable at high speeds, has good acceleration, is comfortable, and has acceptable gas mileage considering the horsepower. Like all sporty cars, this is not the most maintenance-free I've owned. That is not to say it left me stranded on the side of the road, it just needed attention periodically; lots of little things quit working properly. Overall a good second car, and a great family vacation car.

Rate
By Joe S on 04/10/05 13:17 PM (PDT)

1996 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight LSS 4dr Sedan

Great car.Vey rialable.I feel very safly driving this car.

Initial Impressions
By Fred B on 01/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight LSS 4dr Sedan w/Supercharger

Just purchased with under 55k on the odometer. Love that LSS supercharged motor! Handles fine for the barge that it is. Comfortable, tons of room front and back, has leather and sunroof, CD, etc....but I'm still wishing for heated seats and a CD CHANGER. I've heard GM made one that's compatible with the single CD/cassette/AM-FM stereo, guess I'll look on Ebay for one!

96 Olds LSS
By e sample on 06/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight LSS 4dr Sedan w/Supercharger

Great car, comfort,performance, economy, style

Too Soon Gone but Not Forgotten
By Edward L. Kowalski on 06/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight LSS 4dr Sedan

I like the car, used it mostly for work as a salesman. Didn't have a lot of problems over the years. I'd buy another if they were still being made. Probably should have purchased a new one prior to it's phase out but could not justify selling a perfectly good automobile.

Love this car
By brminder on 03/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight LS 4dr Sedan

Bought it with 112000 miles on it, doesn't burn any oil, gets about 30 on the highway, 22-25 in town, lots of power, quiet, smooth ride. It's just a great car.