1995 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eighty-Eight Royale model:
Loved my Olds!
By theleifmeister on 07/11/12 08:37 AM (PDT)

1995 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Inherited this car from grandparents at a bit under 100k miles...drove it constantly, first highway and then mostly horrendous DC city traffic, while there were some repairs (water pump, strut, new brake lines, few electronics) I loved the car, and the Engine was always roaring to go. Only reason I am not still driving it at around 150k is because a tree fell on it in a storm last week. Would buy another but I want something a bit flashier :D

15 Years of reliable Service
By Robert on 09/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Bought the car new. It has now 161,000 miles. The car is very comfortable and reliable. Even after 161,000 miles the engine burns no oil and transmission works like new. I installed a external oil cooler which keeps the temperature of the fluid below 160 F. I change oil+ STP every 3000 miles and replace transmission fluid about 2 - 3 times a year by pumping out 1 gallon (thats all one can pump out through the dipstick). Repairs: Cracked head, leaky bypass tube.Replaced trunk lid springs twice. Even now excellent mileage: 29 mpg/ on highway. Best car I ever had.

Awesome Car 2 own, Best I've ever had
By Olds 88 Royale on 10/06/09 21:49 PM (PDT)

1995 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale Sedan 4dr Sedan

This car is awesome. I have owned it for only 6 months now. I bought it was 203,000 miles. It was VERY well taken care for. I couldn't believe how well the people before me took such great care of it. It does have high millage however it still drives like it only has 10,000miles on it. However I am having 1 small problem. I can't seem to adjust the speeds on the heater blower, not sure why! Other than that I would totally buy another just like it. I have never had it break down on me.

Great Car
By happy owner on 08/01/09 19:54 PM (PDT)

1995 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale Sedan 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for 7 years. It has GM's legendary 3.8 Liter V6. Puts out 200 spunky horses. Nice space in the cabin. No cheap plastic console to sit next to. This is a great car. It is no "accident" that GM hit the skids shortly after they stopped making Oldsmobiles. The car has rubber cushions on the bumpers - not just a cheap piece of plastic waiting for the first nick. Until GM can (or anyone) can build a car this great again - I will just keep running it.

oldsmobile
By tammy on 07/18/09 12:58 PM (PDT)

1995 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale Sedan 4dr Sedan

this car was gave to me and it only had 44k miles on it when i got it now has 70k and ive already replaced the transmission in it and now im having problems with the fuel system and cant even drive it. it spits and sputters and stalls when u start it for about 15 min then it will run great ive had so many problems with this vehicle

Awesome ride
By DONNA on 04/03/09 10:32 AM (PDT)

1995 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale Sedan LSS 4dr Sedan

Bought the Olds last March & have taken it to AZ & back and Denver & back. Averaged 29.8 mpg, super comfortable ride & excellent power when passing. Like the way it handles, looks and low or no maintenance. Love my Car....

88 keeps on rollin'
By Ken on 09/14/07 10:49 AM (PDT)

1995 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought my 88 with 110,000 miles and it now has 155,000 miles. I have replaced the front struts and water pump. Just recently, the anti-lock brakes light came on, but brakes work ok. The car runs good and averages about 21-24 mpg.

Family Car
By Troy Ericksen on 03/04/07 23:23 PM (PST)

1995 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale Sedan LSS 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car when it was four year old. It had 38,000 miles on it. I picked it because I thought it would be a roomy reliable family car plus I liked styling. Unfortunately, it was plagued with mechanical problems. The alternator went at 43,000 miles, as did the starter and water pump. It had electrical problems, excessive oil consumption, the transmission leaked etc. The car's door didn't even close properly. It got disappointing gas mileage. I sold it at 78,000 miles because of the mechanical problems. I can see why they stopped making Oldsmobiles, with this kind of reliablity record. At least it was very comfortable, had excellent visibility, a very strong engine, and a huge trunk. Its suspension was like a slinky, it had excessive body roll and wallow.

Comfortable, Fun Ride for the Road
By Evie on 07/11/06 11:41 AM (PDT)

1995 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale Sedan LSS 4dr Sedan w/Supercharger

Owning this car has been a dream come true for the driving experience and all the creature comforts. Unfortunately the repair costs are outlandish. But this car is worth every penny I put in to it. Its sound system is excellent, it has been reliable, and fun to drive. If only there were more experienced mechanics who knew more about the repairs and complex mechanical and electrical problems that can and do go awry.

An Excellent Olds 88 1995
By Gerald Loyd on 05/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale Sedan 4dr Sedan

This has been an excellent auto. Gas mileage in town 18 MPG, on the interstate 30 to 36 MPG. The only thing I have had to replace are the struts on front and rear, disk pads on front, rebuild of water pump, new fuel level sending unit in gas tank. Leather interior has held up great. After 81,00 miles they are showing some wear. If I could find a new one I would buy it.