1994 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale Consumer Review: Excellent ride, engine and tra

1994 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale - Consumer Review

Special Edition Sedan (3.8L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Excellent ride, engine and transmission
By mikeurbo on

1994 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale Special Edition 4dr Sedan

I am the original owner of this car. About six years after owning the car, I had to replace almost every gasket (costing me almost as much as the car's value then) it's probably due to my teenage son abusing and driving the car very hard, doesn't drive it anymore! Rides great although could corner better. Stock wheels and tires have been changed to 16 inch and handling is much better. Almost bullet proof engine and transmission combo. I have seen these cars with more that 250,000 original miles.

True American big car ride, comfortable leather seats, Pretty reliable, great features, easy to read and user friendly controls, super smooth engine and transmission (rather decent power). Paint looks like new when waxed. Would definitely consider buying a newer used one.

Keyless entry doesn't have much distance, automatic headlights would be welcomed, stock 15 inch wheels are terrible, HVAC vents to low in the dash and only blow on my hands, gas gage wanders too much, full one minute empty the next. Cheap interior plastics, break and fall off easy