1994 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale Consumer Review: More than you'ld expect

1994 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale - Consumer Review

More than you'ld expect
By vacottonking on

1994 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale LSS 4dr Sedan

Anyone how has owned a larger GM car with the 3.8 V6 engine knows to expect comfort, reliability, and a lot of miles (250,000 on my first olds). I am impressed at the durability of the engine and the design of this type for longer trips. What has suprised me the most with the Olds, LSS is the performance and handling and fuel efficiency of this large (3500lb) car. We consistantly average in the high 20's on gas mileage and 30 on trips. Even at 10 years old now I would take this car anywhere. I am also very comfortable with my teenage sons driving an 'almost sporty' car because of the safty features and stability. My oldest son rolled an SUV and I learned my lesson.

Favorite Features

Powerful & reliable 3.8 V6. Fun to drive. Sound system exceeds expectation for stock stereo. Classic American look. Safe. No repairs to drive train, or operating systems (AC, Windows, heater, breaks, etc.) Only tires, Oil & gas with 102,000 miles. Other Olds as dependable with 250,000.

Suggested Improvements

The integrity of the trim parts, knobs, and controls do not match up with the rest of the car. Passanger climate control knob, radio fader knob and one window control button are plastic parts that have cracked. Poor factory Paint Job on metalic blue/green.