Used 1994 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Eighty-Eight Royale model:

Olds, Great
By Pat Morgan

1994 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale LSS 4dr Sedan

Owning this car has been a privilege we have loved this car, it has been unbelievable, we have got as much as 30 miles to the gallon of gas with it, we haven't driven it much lately because of the bad winter we had. Big trunk comfort, gas miles great, great CAR!

Gas mileage, easy to drive, comfort to drive, roomy, big trunk

Wish they still had Oldsmobile!

Most Reliable Used Vehicle to Come by
By samanthag

1994 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale LS 4dr Sedan

I've had my 94' 88 Olds for a year and a half now. It hasn't ever failed on me once. I have had to replace front/rear suspension and do minor repairs but really no problem. I see this car lasting me quite a few more years. It does me well for all the moving I do since it fits all of my belongings in one trip. Recommend for your daughter/sons first car!

Chrome Detailing. Comfortable and Roomy Seating. Large trunk space. Big but not small body. Lots of storage space. 3.7 Litre engine reminds me of the sound a cop car makes when it takes off. I trick people all the time to think I'm a cop pulling up behind them because of the shape and white exterior

Wish the trunk didnt leak.

Oldsmobile 88
By JJ101

1994 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale LS 4dr Sedan

Excellent car. Bought it from my uncle for $1500. Unfortunately it developed an electrical problem affecting the engine, not to mention an engine coolant leak only 2 months after I bought it. Was told it was due to the car's age but, the previous owner took excellent care of the car. Everything still factory.

3800 V6 Engine. Nothing like that quick burst of speed. Really comfortable ride.

Nothing really to improve upon. (Especially considering Oldsmobile doesn't exist anymore.) Was an excellent car for it's time.

Olds 88 Royale
By Eric Hanson

1994 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale LS 4dr Sedan

This car runs great, heats up fast in the Minnesota winters and it is overall a very reliable car. It has never left me stranded and it always starts. But its suspension is WAY too soft, the nose dives at stop signs. Also, my gas mileage is getting worse. It probably needs a tune up and regular maintenance. The power steering leaked. The source of the problem was a power steering fluid radiator. I have never seen anything like it!

It is comfortable, powerful, cheap to upkeep, has PLENTY of interior space, and I love all the features!

It should get better gas mileage. Underbody rusts and is common in these cars.

Olds 88 Royale
By Mike Munson

1994 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale Special Edition 4dr Sedan

This car has plenty of interior space in both the front and back, lots of headroom, comfortable seats, and good visability. It also has a nice large trunk. It has plenty of passing power, but I am disappointed with its gas mileage. Also it Uses a lot of oil. Unfortunately, this car was not all that reliable. The alternator and water pump went out at around 45,000 miles followed by assortment of other parts which failed way before you might expect. The susupension was SUPER SOFT. The car would wallow with the slightest bump.

The engine power, great interior space, how it is easy to get in and out of, its comfort, and good visibility.

Improve the softest suspension I have ever experienced. this car would bounce up and down with the slightest bump. It has too much body lean. Reliability is a major sore spot.