1994 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eighty-Eight Royale model:
Olds, Great
By Pat Morgan on 04/06/10 12:46 PM (PDT)

1994 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale LSS 4dr Sedan

Owning this car has been a privilege we have loved this car, it has been unbelievable, we have got as much as 30 miles to the gallon of gas with it, we haven't driven it much lately because of the bad winter we had. Big trunk comfort, gas miles great, great CAR!

Most Reliable Used Vehicle to Come by
By samanthag on 02/07/10 17:40 PM (PST)

1994 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale LS 4dr Sedan

I've had my 94' 88 Olds for a year and a half now. It hasn't ever failed on me once. I have had to replace front/rear suspension and do minor repairs but really no problem. I see this car lasting me quite a few more years. It does me well for all the moving I do since it fits all of my belongings in one trip. Recommend for your daughter/sons first car!

Oldsmobile 88
By JJ101 on 01/04/10 18:54 PM (PST)

1994 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale LS 4dr Sedan

Excellent car. Bought it from my uncle for $1500. Unfortunately it developed an electrical problem affecting the engine, not to mention an engine coolant leak only 2 months after I bought it. Was told it was due to the car's age but, the previous owner took excellent care of the car. Everything still factory.

Olds 88 Royale
By Eric Hanson on 03/20/07 12:59 PM (PDT)

1994 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale LS 4dr Sedan

This car runs great, heats up fast in the Minnesota winters and it is overall a very reliable car. It has never left me stranded and it always starts. But its suspension is WAY too soft, the nose dives at stop signs. Also, my gas mileage is getting worse. It probably needs a tune up and regular maintenance. The power steering leaked. The source of the problem was a power steering fluid radiator. I have never seen anything like it!

Olds 88 Royale
By Mike Munson on 03/28/06 14:29 PM (PST)

1994 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale Special Edition 4dr Sedan

This car has plenty of interior space in both the front and back, lots of headroom, comfortable seats, and good visability. It also has a nice large trunk. It has plenty of passing power, but I am disappointed with its gas mileage. Also it Uses a lot of oil. Unfortunately, this car was not all that reliable. The alternator and water pump went out at around 45,000 miles followed by assortment of other parts which failed way before you might expect. The susupension was SUPER SOFT. The car would wallow with the slightest bump.

More than you'ld expect
By vacottonking on 10/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale LSS 4dr Sedan

Anyone how has owned a larger GM car with the 3.8 V6 engine knows to expect comfort, reliability, and a lot of miles (250,000 on my first olds). I am impressed at the durability of the engine and the design of this type for longer trips. What has suprised me the most with the Olds, LSS is the performance and handling and fuel efficiency of this large (3500lb) car. We consistantly average in the high 20's on gas mileage and 30 on trips. Even at 10 years old now I would take this car anywhere. I am also very comfortable with my teenage sons driving an 'almost sporty' car because of the safty features and stability. My oldest son rolled an SUV and I learned my lesson.

Excellent ride, engine and transmission
By mikeurbo on 10/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale Special Edition 4dr Sedan

I am the original owner of this car. About six years after owning the car, I had to replace almost every gasket (costing me almost as much as the car's value then) it's probably due to my teenage son abusing and driving the car very hard, doesn't drive it anymore! Rides great although could corner better. Stock wheels and tires have been changed to 16 inch and handling is much better. Almost bullet proof engine and transmission combo. I have seen these cars with more that 250,000 original miles.

Good, solid car
By SPeck on 07/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale LS 4dr Sedan

I bought my '94 Olds 88 for $2500 from a dealership. It was cheap because it had $150,000 miles on it. However I could tell it had been well cared for and it ran like a new car. Well one year and 15,000 miles later, it still runs like new. I've had zero mechanical problems. The paint is flaking on trunk pretty bad, but nothing I can't live with. The 3800 is a great motor with a lot of pull. And I have never driven (or ridden in) a more comfortable car! I would buy another in a second!

Olds 88
By MBowen574 on 05/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale 4dr Sedan

Wonderful car, luxurious, cheap to run, great name, good warranty for the day, reliable.