1993 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eighty-Eight Royale model:
Good Car
By Brando on 09/08/10 11:23 AM (PDT)

1993 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale 4dr Sedan

I just got this car about a month ago, it has 129,000 miles and drives like a Caddy. I paid $1000 for it. The 3800 series engine it has is an easy access and roomy engine compartment to get around in. Fixing it myself is now an option if problems do come up. The only problem is the door seals have shrunk a little and you get a little wet in the car wash.

Awesome Car
By Corey on 05/25/06 12:25 PM (PDT)

1993 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale 4dr Sedan

I bought this as a first car and love it. It is very roomy and has great pick up with the V6. I burn all my friends. I love the comfortable ride, the swaying by the loose supsension is eh but without that there would be no ride. I did replace the altenator but that was it. Otherwise everything was fine. I crashed it, everything is good except for bumpers, fenders, radiator. I'm thinking of replacing the $1,500 in parts instead of selling it for $500, what a nice car, everyone wants it. The trunk is huge! Take this car, you won't be dissapointed.

Great First Car
By rahoyme on 06/09/05 23:32 PM (PDT)

1993 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale LS 4dr Sedan

Bought the car with 98,000 miles for my 16 year old son. It has been an outstanding first car; relatively cheap insurance, and a great buy for $1500. No problems whatsoever, it does a fantastic job of getting him to school and to his fast food resturant job! It should last him through his college years. Very pleased!

LOT OF MILES AND STILL RUNS GREAT
By soul212 on 07/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale LS 4dr Sedan

Bought the car at $1400 with around 249000 miles (original motor). I'm very happy with the car. It rides smooth and quiet. I've had no major or minor repairs besides normal maintence. Car still gets 22-24mpg. The paint quality does need improvement.

I LOVE THIS CAR BUT.....
By VICKY_BECKY on 02/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale LS 4dr Sedan

Love the ride and the size. Original owner (another family member) didnt have any trouble. I bought the car shortly after warranty expired. I've had problems ever since. Replaced alternator once a year almost to the day. Eventually our mechanic found an expensive alternator with a 5 yr warranty. Now we replace the alternator every 18-24 months and pay only for installation. Horn "buttons" on steering wheel too cumbersome and too stiff to be effective in an emergency. Paint on roof peeling terribly. It's the only original paint on the car.

love this car
By rman on 08/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale LS 4dr Sedan

3rd owner, no problems 1st-FBI 2nd-older couple 3rd-me i will probably drive this car until it dies because it is worth more to me than selling it

By Shaft on 09/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale 4dr Sedan

Excellent First Car. It got me through high school and college just fine. Rock solid car by all means.

Bought a lemon
By pms on 06/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale LS 4dr Sedan

My issues regarding my Olds Royale are not about the car itself but the dealership who sold me the lemon. I bought the vehicle with 68,000 miles on it in 1996. The dealership has a 120 point inspection check off shees but it did not prevent the $4,000 that had to be invested in the vehicle in the first two years with me. I was also making monthly payments on it of almost $300! I could really go on but there is not enough space here...Beware of the dealership you buy from!!!

Olds 88
By smoot on 03/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale 4dr Sedan

Dependable and comfortable. This vehicle had 65000 miles when purchased. Electronic control module replaced by dealer at purchase, $300 cost split 50/50 between customer and dealer. Minor repairs needed over the last 4 years, brakes, alternator, bumper on power lock driver door, power antenna motor and coolant fitting on intake manifold. Original exhaust system. Overall this is a very good vehicle.