1992 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eighty-Eight Royale model:
What a Great, Cheap Car
By Brian B. on 12/18/06 17:20 PM (PST)

1992 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale 4dr Sedan

I have owned my car for two years now and It has always been dependable. There were a few things that wore out over time, but instead of buying another old car I fixed a lot. I put all new brakes, suspension, stabilizer links, stereo, oil and trans gasket, fuel and trans filter, fuel system flush, and a belt. Not all of this was entirely necessary but I wanted it to be really nice. I spent what I would have on another car and I couldn't be happier. The car has 92,000 miles and is great. It rides out like a dream and no longer leans into turns. If someone else is wondering what to do with their Olds like mine, it's worth the money. This is coming from a car salesman.

Great Car for $2,500..
By T D Moore on 09/10/06 05:26 AM (PDT)

1992 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale 4dr Sedan

I just purchased this Olds Eighty-Eight as an interstate work car. It gets good gas mileage to start with, 26 mpg, and I added Toyo Ultra tires and Mobil 1 oil and a Mobil 1 filter. Now it is getting 32 mpg highway or better. I'm really happy with this car. It has great looks, is a fun driver, and experiences NO depreciation. I intend to put 200,000 miles on it and then find another. I hope you find a twin to it. My other car is an '04 T hunderbird, which I don't drive much now..as I like the 88 so much.

Love my Olds
By bucksfan89 on 03/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale 4dr Sedan

This vehicle is great. On the highway, i can avg. about 27-28 mpg, great for a vehicle this size. best engine GM made (and still makes) is the 3.8 V6. like the styling, although the front end could be less square. currently has 113000 miles and still going strong. the seats are comfy, although could be more supportive. like all of the features mine has. Problems have been a bad vibration in the front end(maybe wheel bearing), Electronic Control Module went bad, and tape player mysteriously stopped working. Too bad Olds is going out.

One of the best cars I've owned
By Rocket Boy on 02/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale 4dr Sedan

This car will not stop. I can drive it like a madman and it will still start the next day all while giving me 25-30 mpg. I can not belive GM is killing Olds. They should have pulled the plug on Saturn instead. With regular care I'm sure this car would safely and comfortably get me to every destination.