1999 Oldsmobile Cutlass Sedan Consumer Reviews

1999 Oldsmobile Cutlass Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cutlass model:
In too deep...
By rflores7 on 07/07/11 14:41 PM (PDT)

1999 Oldsmobile Cutlass Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

It all started when a girl wrecked into me and the insurance money got me a 1999 Oldsmobile Cutlass. The gypsy dealer was selling it for 3800 and i got it for 2800 with 108K. My friend's dad (also a mechanic) warned me about this car being a lemon but i didn't believe him and it was a bad choice on me. In order...brakes, tires, pulley tensioner, water pump, head gasket, spark plugs and wires 2x, alternator, and now the A/C has gone out. I've spent 3G's on the car and it doesn't even include the $1,500 rims, new headlights, complete stereo system. Im at 125K and im afraid of more things going wrong and I'm only 18 going to college! Stay away from this car!!!

Good car, sad to see it go
By GML on 08/15/10 22:55 PM (PDT)

1999 Oldsmobile Cutlass Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

Had this car for 12 years -- getting a new one because now have children and I had the bare bones version of this with no LATCH, auto windows, etc. I kept up with maintenance, and over the years did replace intake manifold (per GM service note), a couple of batteries, and an alternator (it had been left undriven for three months), water pump, and AC controls. Most of these have been in the last couple of years, which makes sense once the car hits ten years old. Car was very good about warning lights -- most times warning came early enough to get it to a shop and I was never stranded.

Favorite Cuddy
By TerryMO on 08/07/10 12:42 PM (PDT)

1999 Oldsmobile Cutlass Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from the original owner back in June. It already had 172,000+ on the odometer. The car was having trouble with water pouring into the crank case. Turned out the water passages in the lower intake manifold had blown. Was able to get both intake gaskets and valve cover gaskets for only $50. Plus went ahead and put a new timing chain and cam and crank gears just to further its life. Of course with a new timing chain cover gasket, I spent under $120 on parts and the car runs amazing. There does seem to be some rotor wear but not too major. My gas mileage is more like 30 highway, 21 with the AC on and about 22 in town travel. It's extremely reliable which is important to anyone

Like a champ
By champ on 08/04/10 08:43 AM (PDT)

1999 Oldsmobile Cutlass Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I've treated this car like absolute garbage since I bought it at 40,000 miles, all I've done is a 5000 mile oil change and change the tires. Some cheap parts on the interior and the passenger side window doesn't work all the time when it gets hot, other than that, I need to give a tune-up soon so it wil go another 108,000 miles

99 olds cutlass
By crusty oldfeller on 07/07/10 05:40 AM (PDT)

1999 Oldsmobile Cutlass Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

Not all of the problems with this car have been with the car. Mechanics have had a hand in it. Excellent winter car performance wise. Rust after 9 years just beginning to show through. Performance comparable with the BMW and Saab that I have driven. 3.5 like a small v-8. Wife was hell on the front end. Nice size for Christmas shopping. Smiles

Best Interior Ever - Good Mechanics Too
By Ben on 08/25/09 19:48 PM (PDT)

1999 Oldsmobile Cutlass Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

This car has the worlds best thought out interior ever. From cupholder locations to armrests and distance to the radio, this car makes everything effortless. I used to commute 75 miles to work. This car made it easy. 211k miles and the poor thing finally died. I'd been neglecting a leaky head gasket for a year... apparently the engine can't handle 300degrees... It sure could handle a lot of other abuse.

Average mid-size car
By adam on 08/16/09 23:16 PM (PDT)

1999 Oldsmobile Cutlass Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

Bought this car used in 2002 with 25k on it. Color and finish still look great with 93k on it now. Performed regular maintenance on it but still had many mechanical problems. Head gasket twice, fuel injectors (had to replace 4), brakes, rotors, radio, a/c, power window, thermostat, water pump, steering, etc. Had extended warranty when purchased that paid for most of it but ran out on 2006. Still will keep it. Repairs still cheaper than a new car note every month.

maintain it
By kjo on 06/17/09 21:08 PM (PDT)

1999 Oldsmobile Cutlass Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I got my car in December 1999, it now has 178,ooo miles on it. If you want this car to last do what I did. KEEP UP THE MAINTAINCE. I do the maintaince regularly when scheduled and I fix the minor problems before they become major. This car is still going strong. I will keep it. To bad they don't make this car anymore or I would by another.

195000 and time to give it up
By luke on 03/03/09 19:30 PM (PST)

1999 Oldsmobile Cutlass Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

Car lasted 10 years. Made it to 194874 miles before finally giving out on me. Required a new transmission at 130,000. Rebuilt final gave out. Have spent maybe $750 on service since the new trans. Great little car.

Cutlass
By Hustler on 02/19/09 18:29 PM (PST)

1999 Oldsmobile Cutlass Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

Car is fast and fun to drive. Still no problem with engine. A car will last longer if you take care of it. Giving it a oil change and a complete service.

1 2 3 4 5 next »