Used 1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Sedan Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cutlass model:

My Last GM car after after 6 Oldsmobiles
By jmjaym

1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

I was excited when this car came out because it had a lot of nice features on it. I had it for 10 years and was satisfied for most of the time. The big complaint I have is that the head gasket went at 80,000 miles and it would have cost more to fix than the car was worth at that time. I enjoyed driving it and would have kept it a lot longer but it was cost prohibitive. For my next car I went with a 2007 Hyundai Sonata which I still have and am very satisfied with.

Loaded with options, leather seats.

Line is now defunct so there is no point although the Malibu is a corporate cousin so I'd just say better improve the engine quality.

Olds Cutlass
By Sean

1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought the car used in 2005. Great ride, very comfortable. But, the intake manifold has been a huge problem. GM should have spent a little more time on making quality not quantity. Great car with a lot of potential. But, it is in the shop constantly.

Handling, engine performance (when working), and fuel economy.

Intake manifold and other mechanical problems.

Great car, few troubles
By Good car Handle well

1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

My 3rd cousin sells it to me at 114k miles, up to 150k miles. Since I bought this car for my wife's birthday, she was very happy with the car. Once I drove this it was very good, smooth ride, great handling, compared to Honda Accord. Once made a trip from New york to Georgia, with car filled with suitcases, boxes, gas mileage was very awesome, got 35 mpg with cruise control. Power was great. Need improvement quality of leather. Seats cracking and back seat comes apart.

Handles, smooth ride. Great gas mileage on long trips. Folding back seats. Remote, fog lights, instrument layout

Better quality of leather for seats to last long, tends to crack from heat. Better type of gasket for engine. Transmission dipstick (since I work on cars I know about it) Better quality headlights cover, tends to fade. Stronger type lower control arms.

good car excellent handling!
By eagle2004dw

1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

I got my Oldsmobile Cutlass from a friend. I had to get it because of my new baby. When I first drove it, the handling was solid. It had senstive steering, good power. I'm not sure what the fuel ecomony is like yet. When I got it the check engine lightwas on. Two thousand miles later, after losing coolant, I had it fixed with a new waterpump and cap. I talked to dealer, this is a common problem with this car is intake gasket leaking, dealer reapirs once only $700, one time but if you have own mechanic will cost less, otherwise it is a great, reliable car. It has a smooth ride with new tires.

Cup holder on driver's side. Great visiablity. Excllent back seat that flips for more cargo room.

OEM performance kits. Better headlights, they tense to fade out, but cleaned out with polish.

NOTHING LIKE IT
By HARLEYWOOD51

THE RIDE IS SMOOTH. THERE IS A LITTLE
ROAD NOISE. THE INSIDE LOOKS EXSPENSIVE
AT A LOW PRICE. IT HAS GREAT GITTY UP
AND GO. IT SEATS 5 COMFORTABLY AND THE
FUEL ECONONOMY IS GREAT.

MY FAVORITE FEATURE IS THE SOUND SYSTEM. IT IS CLEAR AND CRISP. IT LOOKS LIKE A SPORTS CAR FOR THE FAMILY MAN WHO CAN'T GET ONE AND STILL GET THE FAMILY IN.

IF THEY WERE STILL MAKING THEM, 16" ALLOY WHEELS.