1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cutlass Supreme model:
best car I ever had!
By JMc on 03/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme SL 4dr Sedan

WHAT I LIKE: • has been an almost trouble-free car! • ease of handling • responsive steering • superbly smooth and quiet highway driving • smooth quiet engine • silky smooth automatic shifting • almost zero wind noise on highway • outstanding highway fuel economy (35 mpg actual) • very nice sound system • auto/dual zone A/C • radio controls on steering wheel • reliable cold weather starting • overall outstanding vehicle in terms of ambience, comfort, economy and reliability.

pure excellence
By Sarah 42 on 01/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme SL 2dr Coupe

I am a very proud owner of this car. It corners like its on rails, and has plenty of power to spare. 2 words, its beautiful. Love the kicked out tail lights and spoiler. body moldings are great looking. This car just looks mean, and means business.

Pleased to no end!!!!
By Pleased on 11/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme SL 4dr Sedan

We had boughten our 97 Cutlass with 50k on it. Since then we have put on another 35K. Had to replace the alternator at about 80k and brake pads. Other than that it has been very reliable and a safe car to drive.

best car I've had
By JMc on 08/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme SL 4dr Sedan

The 1997 Olds Cutlass Supreme is best car I've ever had... period! It's now in its fifth year and almost trouble free. Usual small stuff that GM is famous for, but otherwise a first class, very reliable auto. No surprises. Fuel economy 35 mpg highway with the A/C on. Originally, I leased it for 3 years, then renewed the lease for another 3. It has turned out to be so reliable I plan to buy it at the end of the lease. A highly recommended vehicle.

Great Car
By Rob_car on 06/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme SL 4dr Sedan

Car has been great. Extremely reliable and great comfort and convenience. GM should never eliminate the Oldsmobile line. They are the best cars GM makes.

Excellent Car!
By jcolehaan on 06/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme SL 2dr Coupe

I bought this car having had a 1982 Cutlass Supreme previously. I was happy to find that it was just as comfortable, if not more, as my last Cutlass. I drive frequently from VA to TX and I wouldn't want to do it in any other car.

Supreme is the word
By Robo on 05/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme SL 4dr Sedan

I think that the Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme is one of the most beautiful cars that GM has made in years. It's so smooth and sporty at the same time. When I saw the redesign in 1992, I was in love and wanted one, They are great. I have had the best luck. I will admit that the brakes ( the 4 wheel disc brakes) Are a bit finicky in the way that they tend to wear and then wear some more and then cost big bucks if you don't get there right on time. But that is the only slightly bad thing I can say. It's been awesome!

Olds '97 CS
By lalondek on 04/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme SL 4dr Sedan

Overall, has been a good car. Not enough drink holders, etc. on the interior. Plastic knobs and panel inserts fell off. Roomy Interior. Comfortable riding.