Used 1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Consumer Reviews - 30 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme - Consumer Reviews

1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme

View reviews for a specific Cutlass Supreme model:

Nice car
By FRANK DIAZ DONIKIAN

1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme SL 2dr Coupe

It is true is very difficult to access to the spark plugs located at rear. The car is some slow to start when the green light is lighting. Of course it has 160 HP, but on road its perfomance is great.

Cutlass Lover
By D. Martin

1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme SL 2dr Coupe

I am the owner of two of them. I have a red 4dr. (1996) and a White 2dr. (1995) I bought the 4dr. In 1998 and the 2dr. In 2000. I love the cutlass. Very reliable. I still have both of them today. They drive like I just bought them new. Good ride great brakes and handles great. I am in the process of buying another one. 1997 2dr. I think it is one of gm's most underrated cars. No major issues. Intake manifold is the only problem it both cars. (gm's designing) very well balanced car and is a great car to have. Can't go wrong with this one. With a little touch it can be very stylish.

3.1 v6 (sounds great when you really give it the gas), ride, reliable, handling, fun to drive.

3800 supercharge

The truth
By Mr truth

1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme SL 2dr Coupe

Well to put to you straight, the car is good if you take care of it like you should! As far as the head gas because of the fluid that's bull! It all goes with how you drive it. I saved this car from being crushed. It had 176,000 on it when I bought it now it at 180,000 the alt was replaced and the trans has a light slip but over all it a good running car! MPG is 24 to 29 thats it if your saying your getting 30 plus make sure your not going down hill!

Cutty Supreme
By antihero70

1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme SL 4dr Sedan

Bought the car @ 148,000 kms. It's currently @ 166,000. Had some major repair issues with the car but some have been caused by my own hand. Installed hids, 400 Watt 4 channel amplifier with a 12 inch subwoofer so all that stuff killed the alternator but also the belt tensioner broke, the serpentine belt snapped, needed all new brakes (rotors, pads and calipers all around). Had to get dexcool put in, it was removed by previous owner, no head gasket problems yet. Needed new tires when the car was first purchased. May need new front and rear shocks. Major upgrades as well, installed a cone air filter for better performance and a high performance muffler for some low end sound and added hp.

no real favorite stock features, I've had to add everything to the car that makes it better in my opinion. really quiet ride, comfortable, keyless entry, roomy interior, built like a tank!!

fuel economy is bad (most likely due to performance upgrades) we well as the car is untintable. the rear window has to be removed to actually tint the car correctly. knobs break easily, center console lid snapped right off, needs improved build quality when it comes to plastic parts.

Great looking and fuel mileage to match
By M. Gray

1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme SL 2dr Coupe

I was given this car after my mother died and I love it. I have to admit when I went with her to pick it up, I was jealous of this car's good looks. The 30+ miles to the gallon on a 9 year old car is great. With over 153,000 plus miles I still will not hesitate to take it anywhere. I have put less than $500 into this car (not counting oil changes, which we do regularly, and tires) and would recommend it to anyone looking for a resonably priced and attractive car for a recent high school grad.

The good looks and fantastic fuel economy!

Other then your standard sub-par GM fit and finish I have found nothing I would change except perhaps the original 19,000 plus new car price which I thought was excessive in 1997. We are not GM employees so that is what we paid.