Used 1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Coupe - Consumer Reviews

SL 3.1L V6 4-speed Automatic - (11 reviews )

Cooling System Problems
By DLR

1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Coupe SL 2dr Coupe

I've loved this car but it's given me persistent cooling system problems with no end in sight. I think I'm finally going to retire this one. I've had water pumps, hoses, radiators (!!) and gaskets replaced and it's still leaking and causing problems. Everything else has been more than fine, so this is frustrating. (145k miles) It's very hard to work on this car because everything is packed in so tight and in difficult spots to reach. Small tasks can take multiple days.

Comfort, air conditioning, good power.

Cooling system probs.

Nice car
By FRANK DIAZ DONIKIAN

1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Coupe SL 2dr Coupe

It is true is very difficult to access to the spark plugs located at rear. The car is some slow to start when the green light is lighting. Of course it has 160 HP, but on road its perfomance is great.

Cutlass Lover
By D. Martin

1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Coupe SL 2dr Coupe

I am the owner of two of them. I have a red 4dr. (1996) and a White 2dr. (1995) I bought the 4dr. In 1998 and the 2dr. In 2000. I love the cutlass. Very reliable. I still have both of them today. They drive like I just bought them new. Good ride great brakes and handles great. I am in the process of buying another one. 1997 2dr. I think it is one of gm's most underrated cars. No major issues. Intake manifold is the only problem it both cars. (gm's designing) very well balanced car and is a great car to have. Can't go wrong with this one. With a little touch it can be very stylish.

3.1 v6 (sounds great when you really give it the gas), ride, reliable, handling, fun to drive.

3800 supercharge

The truth
By Mr truth

1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Coupe SL 2dr Coupe

Well to put to you straight, the car is good if you take care of it like you should! As far as the head gas because of the fluid that's bull! It all goes with how you drive it. I saved this car from being crushed. It had 176,000 on it when I bought it now it at 180,000 the alt was replaced and the trans has a light slip but over all it a good running car! MPG is 24 to 29 thats it if your saying your getting 30 plus make sure your not going down hill!

Great looking and fuel mileage to match
By M. Gray

1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Coupe SL 2dr Coupe

I was given this car after my mother died and I love it. I have to admit when I went with her to pick it up, I was jealous of this car's good looks. The 30+ miles to the gallon on a 9 year old car is great. With over 153,000 plus miles I still will not hesitate to take it anywhere. I have put less than $500 into this car (not counting oil changes, which we do regularly, and tires) and would recommend it to anyone looking for a resonably priced and attractive car for a recent high school grad.

The good looks and fantastic fuel economy!

Other then your standard sub-par GM fit and finish I have found nothing I would change except perhaps the original 19,000 plus new car price which I thought was excessive in 1997. We are not GM employees so that is what we paid.