Used 1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass-supreme - Consumer Reviews

1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme

View reviews for a specific Cutlass Supreme model:

One of the best cars I've ever driven
By stryker91

1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme SL 4dr Sedan

I absolutely LOVE my Cutlass. It's only left me stranded once, and that was my fault (did a repair, forgot to put a part back on properly). It's an absolute blast to drive.

Favorite Features

- Power seats offer much more comfort. I have a bad back and bad hip, and I can always get comfy, even on the fly. - Even when it needs a tune-up, this car will run like a spooked horse. - Interior is spacious, comfortable, and inviting.

Suggested Improvements

- Cigarette lighter is in a pretty bad spot. Recommend moving it closer to centre of dash. - Not particularly wild about the shape of the shift handle. - Battery is underneath the wiper fluid reservoir, which is underneath a metal brace - Seriously, GM, what on earth?

Cooling System Problems
By DLR

1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme SL 2dr Coupe

I've loved this car but it's given me persistent cooling system problems with no end in sight. I think I'm finally going to retire this one. I've had water pumps, hoses, radiators (!!) and gaskets replaced and it's still leaking and causing problems. Everything else has been more than fine, so this is frustrating. (145k miles) It's very hard to work on this car because everything is packed in so tight and in difficult spots to reach. Small tasks can take multiple days.

Favorite Features

Comfort, air conditioning, good power.

Suggested Improvements

Cooling system probs.

1997 olds cutlass
By mhen

1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme SL 4dr Sedan

I love this car. It is my second car other than my 1980 Malibu. I bought my olds with 134,000 miles on it and I have had it for 2 years now and every thing except the alternator is the original part I've checked. Now it has 234,562 miles on it and it still runs strong I put a few performance parts on it and I've took it out at the local drag strip and it ran a low 14. But besides all of that it is a really good car it has been to North Carolina 3 times since I've had it and there has been no probs. All you gata do is change the oil every 3000 miles or do what I do I change the oil every month spark plugs every 3 months. Well that is my review.

Favorite Features

the ride, a lot of power for a v6,reliability,

Suggested Improvements

better fuel economy,better design,and a better brake design mine eats brakes too.

Nice car
By FRANK DIAZ DONIKIAN

1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme SL 2dr Coupe

It is true is very difficult to access to the spark plugs located at rear. The car is some slow to start when the green light is lighting. Of course it has 160 HP, but on road its perfomance is great.

Cutlass Lover
By D. Martin

1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme SL 2dr Coupe

I am the owner of two of them. I have a red 4dr. (1996) and a White 2dr. (1995) I bought the 4dr. In 1998 and the 2dr. In 2000. I love the cutlass. Very reliable. I still have both of them today. They drive like I just bought them new. Good ride great brakes and handles great. I am in the process of buying another one. 1997 2dr. I think it is one of gm's most underrated cars. No major issues. Intake manifold is the only problem it both cars. (gm's designing) very well balanced car and is a great car to have. Can't go wrong with this one. With a little touch it can be very stylish.

Favorite Features

3.1 v6 (sounds great when you really give it the gas), ride, reliable, handling, fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

3800 supercharge