Used 1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Consumer Reviews - 30 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cutlass Supreme model:

1997 cutlass supreme sl
By Chris schew

1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme SL 4dr Sedan

Awesome car. Runs great. Very low maintenance car. Awesome ride and very comfy.

Reliable But Boring
By Matt

1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme SL 4dr Sedan

Got this car with 69,000 miles in 2009 as a 1997 model and as such it had been reliable mostly. A/C does not work and head gasket needed replacement but otherwise trouble free. MPG is not very good, only about 17 city/23 hwy. The car is very slow to the point that you cannot pass on rural roads and it has terrible handling with tremendous understeer with scarily poor brakes as well, as if the ABS does nothing. It gets going well in snow and ice but don't try stopping quickly! Interior isn't very comfortable but had decent space. Visibility is excellent. Ride is a bit jittery and not tied down but surprisingly quiet except for wind noise.

One of the best cars I've ever driven
By stryker91

1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme SL 4dr Sedan

I absolutely LOVE my Cutlass. It's only left me stranded once, and that was my fault (did a repair, forgot to put a part back on properly). It's an absolute blast to drive.

- Power seats offer much more comfort. I have a bad back and bad hip, and I can always get comfy, even on the fly. - Even when it needs a tune-up, this car will run like a spooked horse. - Interior is spacious, comfortable, and inviting.

- Cigarette lighter is in a pretty bad spot. Recommend moving it closer to centre of dash. - Not particularly wild about the shape of the shift handle. - Battery is underneath the wiper fluid reservoir, which is underneath a metal brace - Seriously, GM, what on earth?

Cooling System Problems
By DLR

1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme SL 2dr Coupe

I've loved this car but it's given me persistent cooling system problems with no end in sight. I think I'm finally going to retire this one. I've had water pumps, hoses, radiators (!!) and gaskets replaced and it's still leaking and causing problems. Everything else has been more than fine, so this is frustrating. (145k miles) It's very hard to work on this car because everything is packed in so tight and in difficult spots to reach. Small tasks can take multiple days.

Comfort, air conditioning, good power.

Cooling system probs.

1997 olds cutlass
By mhen

1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme SL 4dr Sedan

I love this car. It is my second car other than my 1980 Malibu. I bought my olds with 134,000 miles on it and I have had it for 2 years now and every thing except the alternator is the original part I've checked. Now it has 234,562 miles on it and it still runs strong I put a few performance parts on it and I've took it out at the local drag strip and it ran a low 14. But besides all of that it is a really good car it has been to North Carolina 3 times since I've had it and there has been no probs. All you gata do is change the oil every 3000 miles or do what I do I change the oil every month spark plugs every 3 months. Well that is my review.

the ride, a lot of power for a v6,reliability,

better fuel economy,better design,and a better brake design mine eats brakes too.