I absolutely LOVE my Cutlass. It's only left me stranded once, and that was my fault (did a repair, forgot to put a part back on properly). It's an absolute blast to drive.
- Power seats offer much more comfort. I have a bad back and bad hip, and I can always get comfy, even on the fly.
- Even when it needs a tune-up, this car will run like a spooked horse.
- Interior is spacious, comfortable, and inviting.
- Cigarette lighter is in a pretty bad spot. Recommend moving it closer to centre of dash.
- Not particularly wild about the shape of the shift handle.
- Battery is underneath the wiper fluid reservoir, which is underneath a metal brace - Seriously, GM, what on earth?
I've loved this car but it's given me persistent cooling system problems with no end in sight. I think I'm finally going to retire this one. I've had water pumps, hoses, radiators (!!) and gaskets replaced and it's still leaking and causing problems. Everything else has been more than fine, so this is frustrating. (145k miles) It's very hard to work on this car because everything is packed in so tight and in difficult spots to reach. Small tasks can take multiple days.
I love this car. It is my second car other than my 1980 Malibu. I bought my olds with 134,000 miles on it and I have had it for 2 years now and every thing except the alternator is the original part I've checked. Now it has 234,562 miles on it and it still runs strong I put a few performance parts on it and I've took it out at the local drag strip and it ran a low 14. But besides all of that it is a really good car it has been to North Carolina 3 times since I've had it and there has been no probs. All you gata do is change the oil every 3000 miles or do what I do I change the oil every month spark plugs every 3 months. Well that is my review.
I am the owner of two of them. I have a red 4dr. (1996) and a White 2dr. (1995) I bought the 4dr. In 1998 and the 2dr. In 2000. I love the cutlass. Very reliable. I still have both of them today. They drive like I just bought them new. Good ride great brakes and handles great. I am in the process of buying another one. 1997 2dr. I think it is one of gm's most underrated cars. No major issues. Intake manifold is the only problem it both cars. (gm's designing) very well balanced car and is a great car to have. Can't go wrong with this one. With a little touch it can be very stylish.
3.1 v6 (sounds great when you really give it the gas), ride, reliable, handling, fun to drive.