Used 1996 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Oldsmobile Cutlass-supreme - Consumer Reviews

1996 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Sedan

SL 3.1L V6 4-speed Automatic - (14 reviews )

Love my Cutdee
By David

1996 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Sedan SL 4dr Sedan

I have had my car for two months and I love to drive it it is a very good car to drive it has almost every thing I want except a sunroof.

Favorite Features

I like the car because it has a V6 in it cd and cass player and bucket seats.Also has a remote for the doors and trunk.

Suggested Improvements

None

Fantastic Automobile
By Drew

1996 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Sedan SL 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for several years, having acquired it from my mother who bought it new. Great stereo, decent performance, excellent handling. Leather interior is extremely comfortable. Have driven it on many long range trips, have had no problems with the car mechanically. Had to replace the rear glass 1.5 years ago, heat shattered it. Would not hesitate to recommend the car, especially if it has a solid documentation history.

Favorite Features

Interior comfort, stereo, and power moonroof.

Suggested Improvements

Bit more pep to the engine.

One of the best!
By glak 150

1996 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Sedan SL 4dr Sedan

I bought the car with 125,000 miles on it , now I have 170,000. The car has started & run every day we've had it. It was a first car for two teenage daughters and now it is my daily driven work car. I've had many cars over the years this is probably the best and most reliable. The previous owner keeps bugging me to sell it back to him.

Favorite Features

Stereo, comfy leather seats, great gas mileage. durable paint job, easy to maintain.

Suggested Improvements

3.1L engine a little slow ( maybe due to miles) GM should have kept this model going. Hats off to the builders.

Still Fine After Ten Years
By Harvey Tillery

1996 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Sedan SL 4dr Sedan

This car has been unbelievable since I've owned it, six years. Get this, the EGR valve went out about a year ago. Since then, the gas mileage has gone up three MPG in town (from 19 to 22) and on the road (27 MPG to 32)! Who needs an EGR valve? Nobody. The car is still classy looking (so far) with the 16" wheels and fine factory paint job, which is still shinny. The wheels are neat. The fine sound system still sounds good. Upkeep has included a new alternator and a new sensor, not bad at all. Of course, I have only put 60,000 miles on it in ten years, but they have been and still are good ones.

Favorite Features

The cast aluminum 16" wheels, sound system, reliability, paint, and overall looks.

Suggested Improvements

No need to consider any at age ten, but I wouldn't change a thing on this car.

192,000 Miles & Still Going
By billy3sticks

1996 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Sedan SL 4dr Sedan

Love this car! The 3.4 DOHC engine is the only way to go except for the $$$ to change the timing belt. Had a '95 3.1 version and this is MUCH quicker. Have had some repairs on it (AC compressor, cruise control module) but nothing you wouldn't expect for the mileage. The 5 spoke Olds wheels really set it off from the std Cutlass. Make sure of maintenance on timing belt if buying the 3.4 version. Nice leg & head room for driver & passenger (even w/moonroof and 6'1") - little cramped in rear but I don't ride there! Tranny is original but I do keep it serviced regularly. Engine uses 1 Qt oil/1,000 miles but not bad for mileage.

Favorite Features

Radio controls on steering wheel, pass thru opening for rear seats to trunk, POWER, gas mileage, climate control system

Suggested Improvements

Traction control, left foot rest for driver.