Used 1996 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Cutlass Supreme model:

Junk
By rcondran

1996 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme SL 2dr Coupe

My 1996 Cutlass Supreme SL is the reason Oldsmobile went under. The stereo quit after 6 months - was replaced under warranty with what turned out to be a "refurbished" unit - tape deck quit right after the warranty ran out. Head gasket blew at 49,000 miles. Intake gasket went at 56,000 miles - found out the intake was cracked when I was replacing the gasket. Tranny died at 100,000 miles. I'm honestly afraid to drive this car more than walking distance from my house - and don't. I drove a 1975 Cutlass I inherited from Virginia last summer - I'm restoring it to replace my 1996...I felt safer driving the 1975 than I do my '96.

Love my Cutdee
By David

1996 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme SL 4dr Sedan

I have had my car for two months and I love to drive it it is a very good car to drive it has almost every thing I want except a sunroof.

I like the car because it has a V6 in it cd and cass player and bucket seats.Also has a remote for the doors and trunk.

None

Fantastic Automobile
By Drew

1996 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme SL 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for several years, having acquired it from my mother who bought it new. Great stereo, decent performance, excellent handling. Leather interior is extremely comfortable. Have driven it on many long range trips, have had no problems with the car mechanically. Had to replace the rear glass 1.5 years ago, heat shattered it. Would not hesitate to recommend the car, especially if it has a solid documentation history.

Interior comfort, stereo, and power moonroof.

Bit more pep to the engine.

One of the best!
By glak 150

1996 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme SL 4dr Sedan

I bought the car with 125,000 miles on it , now I have 170,000. The car has started & run every day we've had it. It was a first car for two teenage daughters and now it is my daily driven work car. I've had many cars over the years this is probably the best and most reliable. The previous owner keeps bugging me to sell it back to him.

Stereo, comfy leather seats, great gas mileage. durable paint job, easy to maintain.

3.1L engine a little slow ( maybe due to miles) GM should have kept this model going. Hats off to the builders.

I love my Olds but...
By cjochum

1996 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme SL 2dr Coupe

I bought my Olds in 2002, it has been a pretty dependable car except its air conditioning system seems strange, as well as the problems I have with the drivers side door handle. I have replaced it and it seems to have them same problem only after a year. The air conditioner also seems to go off when going up hills. Also my cd player steals my cd's. I put one in and I might get it back that day or maybe a week later. Who knows?

It drives so smooth! When the cd player works it sounds good!