Used 1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass-supreme - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.1L V6 4-speed Automatic - (10 reviews )

My 95 Cutlass convertible
By 95cutlass1

1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Convertible 2dr Convertible

I absolutly love the aggressive styling of my convertible. It has been a blast to drive around with the top down. It always puts a smile on my face. I bought this car 4 years ago when I was 15 and have never regreted that decision. I was brought up with 2 other cutlass's a 1994 and a 1997 coupe. So I have always had a soft spot for them. Mine just recently had a paint job. It now no longer has rust, scratches, or dents. It has been my money pit car that I am hoping to never have to sell. Its a shame up here in Michigan the ones that you see are either really beat up or rusted to death.

Favorite Features

The interior styling on the 1995 and the agressive looks of the car.

Suggested Improvements

The cheap plastic interior and better mpg would be nice!!

My Baby
By Jak

1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Convertible 2dr Convertible

My son needed a used dryer, so one day my wife and I read an ad for a dryer in the next city. So off we went. This was a older couple recently remarried. They had two of everything. As we were walking into their garbage, there sat a 95 jet black convertible. New black top, perfect leather interior! 86,000 miles.Ended up with one dryer and one car! 3.4 is very hard to work on. Luckily I have a local place that has a old timer who is patient.Gas mileage is at best 18 highway, but I didn't buy it for mileage! I use this car for short trips, and house it in the winter. Looks like rain--it does not get out of the garage.

Favorite Features

fake roll bar is a crowd pleaser! Steering wheel radio controls are nice.

Suggested Improvements

out of production no need

Great buy and fun ride
By Linn

1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Convertible 2dr Convertible

We bought our daughter one with 275000 miles from a friend for her first car to learn with. She drove it 50000 more and we loved it and she did also, so we bought one with only 19000 miles that was actually the last one built. We still Love it and Just found one with 10450 original miles. We did have the top to come up going down the road and broke the braces and caused a lot of repair. It was locked down and was passing a truck when the draft caused this to happen. We plan on writing GM about that but still Love the car. Great bang for the buck! It is American also!

Favorite Features

Roll bar for looks, handles great, reliable, good fuel mileage. Parks easy and fun to drive. Love the sound of the twin cam engine!

Suggested Improvements

Less plastic and make more of them!

A real convertible for real adults
By Indy

1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Convertible 2dr Convertible

Bought this as a summer toy for my wife. Other than being grievously lied to by the seller, the car has been perfect for us as a family to tool around in, and it gets plenty of affirmative (and envious) looks from other drivers. It's fun to drive, and with the sports package handles much better than you'd expect a car of this size to handle. Unfortunately, GM in it's infinite wisdom pulled the plug on this model, and eventually all Oldsmobiles, ending a great run. However, if you can find one, and are ready to hang on to it for a few years, it should prove to be a reasonable investment in the future, as so few of them were made.

Favorite Features

Ragtop! It's a classy style, with the faux roll bar, and decent handling. The interior upgrade to the '95 is much better and comfortable than the earlier models, especially with the passenger side airbag.

Suggested Improvements

3.4 engine is a pain, with low MPG. Brake system on all the GM W-bodies leave a lot to be desired, and being a conversion model, finding parts is extremely difficult. Don't buy one unless you're ready for a challenge - but they're going to be worth money in a few years as so few were made.

one of my favorites
By john H

1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Convertible 2dr Convertible

Purchased 12/2001 with 68,000 miles, now has 114,000 and going great, but having trouble finding parts for convertible only. Lost the paint color chip when I replaced spare tire cover, trunk leaked and ruined it. Top leaks but only in heavy rain, heard it was a common problem. I need a top, and a few minor trim items repaired that probably I only notice, but it still looks great and gets comments on how good it looks.

Favorite Features

Handling and ride, standard features

Suggested Improvements

Since it's no longer in production, this doesn't matter, but the top could be better made. The inside liner seems to have shrunk a bit. Also have error code 20 on cd player, what's that about?