Used 1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Cutlass Supreme model:

Roomy Coupe
By Dave M.

1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme S 2dr Coupe

I bought my used 1994 Cutlass Supreme Coupe as a replacement for a 1987 Buick Park Avenue. I was looking for a roomy car but I felt cramped in most of the cars that I test drove. I was surprised at the room in the Cuttlass! At 6' 6" I need loads of head, leg, and shoulder room. The Coupe fits the bill. The trunk space is wonderful, too. The Mrs. and I are very happy about this new-to-us car.

Favorite Features

The feel of the steering wheel and the handling of the car. I also like the comfort and fit of the driver's seat and the car's quiet ride.

Suggested Improvements

A CD player needs to be installed. I miss the power of a 3.8L engine that my past car had.

Hated to Give it Up
By Cherylanns

1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme S 4dr Sedan

My Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme was the best car that I have ever owned! I used it for real estate and had to trade it for a minivan due to another pregnancy (this is #4). The car had 170,000 miles on it and still drove like the day it was purchased. It had an awesome sound system, hugged the road, was very comfortable, and had lots of power in its 3.4L V6 engine. I had minor problems with the ABS system (it tended to stick when the parking brake was released) and with the electronics (the check engine light and security lights never would turn off). Also, its electronics tended to have short out easily. Other than those problems, it was a wonderful vehicle. I hated to part with it. If you get one, you will love it too!

Favorite Features

The leather interior, superior sound system, how it hugged the road, its good gas mileage, how comfortable it was, and its quiet ride. This is a wonderful vehicle. I highly recommended it. I wish GM was still making them!

Suggested Improvements

Improve the electronics, ABS, and give it windshield wipers that go back to the base when in intermittent mode (they blocked my view at times).

Best car ever had
By Mary Scott

1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme S 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car when it was less than a year old and it had 54,000 miles on it. It sat in the dealers parking lot running for 2 hours waiting on a lock smith because they shut the door. I drove it one block and purchased it immediately. I drove the car every day 100-150 miles each day. It had 300,000 miles on it when the instrument panel and electronics died. Engine was still strong. I never got tired or aching no matter how long I drove. Everything was convenient. It almost drove itself. We never had to do anything to it except replace a few alternators & batteries and replace the tires 2 times. If it was still made I would have nothing else. I guess they were too good.

Favorite Features

Looks, handling, sterring wheel ac & radio controls w/big knobs, climate control, easy to see out of, easy to park, extremely comfortable and reliable car. My 73 Olds was just as good.

Suggested Improvements

Alternator problem, what ever it was. Put battery in a place where it could be accessed. Start building them again.

Olds Rocks!
By lac

1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Special Edition 4dr Sedan

I've owned this car for 3.5 years and I love it. Though it's old, I've not had any serious problems with it. I love the pickup speed-it's just perfect. It'll definitely live long past all of my friends cars of similar ages. I wish Olds had never quit!

Favorite Features

Love the seats-super comfortable (w/leather). Roomy trunk and backseat. Great power for a small V-6. Heater is awesome-beats out my parent's '99 Dodge Dakota and '01 Chevy Venture by a long shot. Also has a quality sound system for being stock.

Suggested Improvements

Cupholder is rather hopeless. Rear windshield looks great, but is impossible to tint well.

What an E-Bay buy.
By KBViper

1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme 2dr Convertible

I bought a 1994 convertible on E-Bay for $4850 US. I always wanted one of these cars and got the color I wanted - Teal. The car had spend all of its life in the south and is in near new condition with only 64,000 miles. It turns lots of heads up here in Canada - most people have never seen one before. I've put over 3,000 miles in the car and have had no problems - not a drop of oil burned Lots of performance, and great looks, I recommend this car - get one from the southern US.

Favorite Features

Great looking car, lots of power, nice interior.

Suggested Improvements

Lack of passenger side airbag in the 1994 - was addressed in 1995 with a new interior, which is the last year they were made. Looking at the engine compartment, repairs and maintenance will be expensive, but worth it to have this car as a summer toy for many years to come.