Used 1992 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Coupe Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Coupe - Consumer Reviews

1992 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Coupe

View reviews for a specific Cutlass Supreme model:

Yeah Baby
By RadRacer

1992 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Coupe International 2dr Coupe

I purchased this car with 30k miles in 1993. It is a 3.4L 5-speed manual Cutlass Supreme International. I have only had minor issues with this car since my purchase. I had to replace the A/C compressor, the automatic climate control unit, shift cables, engine computer, alternator, and the dual mufflers. All of this work was performed after it hit the 100k mark. I think this is one of the best cars I have owned besides my 1991 Pontiac Bonneville.

HUD, pneumatic front bucket seats, rear bucket seats, 5-speed transmission and the powerful 3.4L V-6.

Dash pad warps from the sun over time. When it is time for a repair, they can be expensive due to the rare design of the International Series.

Int'l Series.....very few around
By wwmeinc

1992 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Coupe International 2dr Coupe

I have the 3.4L 24V DOHC engine which is great but the mech. problems are the most expensive to fix car I have seen. I just changed the Alt.(7hrs!);they had to take out the strut and even the dealership was surprised at how much work it was....they charged for 4 hours. It is a very nice car to drive and look at and with this engine it has the feel and strength of power under the hood. I bght it with low miles (67500) but unfortunately there was no mech. record log which at least would have given me some indication of the previous owner work. Which I believe was only oil changes.... Overall nice car if nothing breaks.

Engine performance and seats. The A/C is great,and the sound system is very decent. HUD keeps your eyes ahead.

Bring back the Cutlass nameplate....and make sure the cupholders are in a relevant location for driving.

She's gettin old
By vooterbee

1992 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Coupe S 2dr Coupe

I got this car after I graduated 7 years ago. It was 8 years old at that time. This car was affordable to buy though it has cost me a bundle in repairs over the years. I figure though that I've not had to repair anything outside of the normal for a car this age. I also used it for racing when I was younger so that put a lot of strain on it (but boy was it fast). At this age of the car I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, but if you could find one a few years newer, I'd say you'd have a winner. The styling was very contemporary. Find and take good care of a convertible version and you'll have a classic someday.

Great seats, very sporty handling, good brake control, simple and contemporary styling. Styling blended well at the races while still looked classy enough for dinner and a movie

Resurrect the Oldsmobile line independent of GM

Best Car
By best car

1992 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Coupe S 2dr Coupe

Thes is the best money that I have ever spent. I have over 300,000 miles on this car and it is very reliable. No one believes me, but it's true, I get 33 mpg on the highway. I've measured it repeatedly and it's true.

The big trunk and good smooth power in the engine.

I wish they still made 'em!

Mother Loves this Car
By Richard B Cryer

1992 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Coupe S 2dr Coupe

I bought this car for my mother, recently. I replaced the "rear brakes", one of the low beam headlights, a signal bulb, and a trunk bulb. The car had 297,000 miles on it, when I bought it. It starts instantly with no hesitation, accelerates quickly, is good on gas, has lots of room inside, has huge trunk space, and is just a beautiful car. Oldsmobile did a great job when they designed this car. I would buy the car all over again, if it was still available. Thanks Oldsmobile for such a great car...

The design of the car's beautiful and I love the instrument panel. All of its accessories are easy to reach in a safety manner. The stereo system sounds great with its four speakers. The cooling and heating system is very reliable as well as the rear and front defrosting. Overall, it's a great car.

There aren't any improvements that I can think of. The car's great and very easy on the eyes. An improvement that I would suggest is to create another model, just as good. It's hard to find a car that you really feel safe inside. Oldsmobile, did it with this one.