1992 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cutlass Supreme model:
Yeah Baby
By RadRacer on 04/29/08 15:18 PM (PDT)

1992 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme International 2dr Coupe

I purchased this car with 30k miles in 1993. It is a 3.4L 5-speed manual Cutlass Supreme International. I have only had minor issues with this car since my purchase. I had to replace the A/C compressor, the automatic climate control unit, shift cables, engine computer, alternator, and the dual mufflers. All of this work was performed after it hit the 100k mark. I think this is one of the best cars I have owned besides my 1991 Pontiac Bonneville.

Int'l Series.....very few around
By wwmeinc on 08/26/07 15:47 PM (PDT)

1992 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme International 2dr Coupe

I have the 3.4L 24V DOHC engine which is great but the mech. problems are the most expensive to fix car I have seen. I just changed the Alt.(7hrs!);they had to take out the strut and even the dealership was surprised at how much work it was....they charged for 4 hours. It is a very nice car to drive and look at and with this engine it has the feel and strength of power under the hood. I bght it with low miles (67500) but unfortunately there was no mech. record log which at least would have given me some indication of the previous owner work. Which I believe was only oil changes.... Overall nice car if nothing breaks.

She's gettin old
By vooterbee on 07/03/07 09:29 AM (PDT)

1992 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme S 2dr Coupe

I got this car after I graduated 7 years ago. It was 8 years old at that time. This car was affordable to buy though it has cost me a bundle in repairs over the years. I figure though that I've not had to repair anything outside of the normal for a car this age. I also used it for racing when I was younger so that put a lot of strain on it (but boy was it fast). At this age of the car I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, but if you could find one a few years newer, I'd say you'd have a winner. The styling was very contemporary. Find and take good care of a convertible version and you'll have a classic someday.

The Valent One
By The Valent One... on 06/07/07 20:06 PM (PDT)

1992 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme 2dr Convertible

Man! I must say, what a car for me. I've been driving Olds Cutlass all my short life (age39). The comfort and highway feel has kept me in them. I've had two 75's, a 77,82,83,84(hurst), two 87 (442's) and a '92 convt. The '92 had 96,000 miles on it when I bought it. Sold with 232,000 miles on it, still running strong. Replacements: alt.,anti- freeze line, front brakes, water pump, conv. top and door handle. It had the 3.1 V6, leather seats, pwr windows, locks, and trunk. Red in color but not a Vett. I changed the oil every 3 to 4000 miles religiously. The most reliable year in Olds that I have ever owned. The '92 Cutlass Conv.

Best Car
By best car on 02/20/07 09:56 AM (PST)

1992 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme S 2dr Coupe

Thes is the best money that I have ever spent. I have over 300,000 miles on this car and it is very reliable. No one believes me, but it's true, I get 33 mpg on the highway. I've measured it repeatedly and it's true.

Mother Loves this Car
By Richard B Cryer on 02/12/07 16:47 PM (PST)

1992 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme S 2dr Coupe

I bought this car for my mother, recently. I replaced the "rear brakes", one of the low beam headlights, a signal bulb, and a trunk bulb. The car had 297,000 miles on it, when I bought it. It starts instantly with no hesitation, accelerates quickly, is good on gas, has lots of room inside, has huge trunk space, and is just a beautiful car. Oldsmobile did a great job when they designed this car. I would buy the car all over again, if it was still available. Thanks Oldsmobile for such a great car...

Great, Long Lasting Car
By John Kimble on 03/07/06 20:33 PM (PST)

1992 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme S 4dr Sedan

My Cutlass is actually an SL and its an awesome car. I was a little cautious about buying it at first because it had quite a few miles on it but its now at 196,000 and the only major thing I've had to do with it is replace a blown head gasket. It leaks antifreeze occasionally but that's the only thing mechanically wrong with it. Its got good acceleration with its 3.1L V6 engine, although the automatic transmission seems to take its time "hunting" if you floor it. This car has very good handling too. I will probably drive it unil it dies and that could be a while.

200,000
By Old'sman on 09/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme International 2dr Coupe

I bought this car with 100,000 miles all over the US Putting on another 100 grand. This has been a very comfortable freeway cruiser with enough sport to handle tough driving situations close cuts or parallel parking. I have taken this car through the paces. From blizzards and black ice to deserts, mountains and hard to reach terrain. Incredibly stable in all driving situations while still sports- car responsive. Newer version is the Alreo and seems true to form. I drove one a bit and felt right at home.

very good car
By vi_k_tor on 08/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme S 4dr Sedan

can be used for normal purposes and racing

i love my car
By greg r. on 05/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

i love my car