Used 1991 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cutlass Supreme model:

I figured the stalling problem out!
By phils2

1991 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Sedan SL 4dr Sedan

I finally figured the stalling problem out after mechanics told me they did not find anything wrong with the car at all. Its a piece of the vacuum lines that usually messes up over sometime. It only took me day to find it. Its a cheap part $2.03 no more problems for now. GM mechanics need to go back to school. I just started working on my cars just year ago. If anyone has this car and has problems email me.

1991 oldsmobile cutlass supreme sl
By phils2

1991 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Sedan SL 4dr Sedan

I just bought car just recently it drove good for the first two weeks and stalls out. Then also gets a rough idle every once in a while. I wonder if anyone else is having problems with it stalling out and figured it out. I have 3.1 v6 and it suppose to get good gas mileage and its horrible. I took it to repair shop to get the idling and stalling problem fixed and they could find anything wrong with. Other then the stalling out like out of the blue it runs really good.

Daul exhaust even though they pricey to replace.

The interior design, 3.1 engine that stalls and idles weirdly that sucks gas down. The digital dash the gauge that goes crazy or freezes. The squilling brakes

Miss my Olds
By IllinoisBoy

1991 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Sedan 4dr Sedan

We purchased Ol' Bessie for my 16th birthday. She was my first car and as such, she was perfect. I loved the way the car handled, and it rode like a dream. The 3.1 liter engine was modest which helped eek out approx. 30 mpg for me (i drove mostly on 4 lane highways) but was still powerful enough to win me a few dollars here and there. Looking back, I feel horrible that I didn't maintain her like i should have. If I kept up with oil changes and regular shop visits I would still be driving her today. Ol' bessie will always have a special place in my heart, as most first cars do...

Handling, ride, the sound of the exhaust! I'm not sure if it was stock or not, but my Olds sounded pretty mean.

Bring back Oldsmobile!

Best to date
By dwellersskateshop

1991 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Sedan 4dr Sedan

excellent car. Good looks for a 1991 vehicale, the 3.1 can squeal the tires pretty well. the interior has a few problems after 12 years, some loose trim, but easy to repair. Nice big trunk, the wheel key is also a nice feature, the seats are comfortable. The car gets great gas milage, especially the way i drive. Engine picks up well from any speed but, lags a bit around 35-40 mph during extreme acceleration. Top speed so far is 110mph. My biggest peeve is the power door locks only work when they feel like it (probably because the car is 12 years old).

digital dashboard, lights built into rearview mirror, handling characteristics.

location of the radio is a bit akward, as its far from the drivers hands, causing you to stretch across the car. a better seal on the engine is a good idea, as the 3.1 has a reputation to leak small amounts of oil around 105,000 miles.

1991 Cutlass Supreme 4-dr
By John WD

1991 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Sedan SL 4dr Sedan

Runs great. Has 134,000 miles but runs like new. Had no major problems except had to replace the computer. I keep up on oil changes. Well maintained. Bought it with 109,000 miles. Previous owner changed oil every 3,000 miles. Peppy (3.1liter)car. Good second car. Room for 2 middle school kids and wife. Converted the air conditioning to the new standards. Easy change. Pumps out the cold pretty good.

Fun to drive. Has all the options. Can't seem to wear out the tires. They last forever on this car. Nice trunk.

The blower for the heater/defroster/air conditioner could be a little more powerful.

• SUV