1991 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cutlass Supreme model:
I figured the stalling problem out!
By phils2 on 11/15/11 05:06 AM (PST)

1991 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Sedan SL 4dr Sedan

I finally figured the stalling problem out after mechanics told me they did not find anything wrong with the car at all. Its a piece of the vacuum lines that usually messes up over sometime. It only took me day to find it. Its a cheap part $2.03 no more problems for now. GM mechanics need to go back to school. I just started working on my cars just year ago. If anyone has this car and has problems email me.

1991 oldsmobile cutlass supreme sl
By phils2 on 11/04/11 13:50 PM (PDT)

1991 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Sedan SL 4dr Sedan

I just bought car just recently it drove good for the first two weeks and stalls out. Then also gets a rough idle every once in a while. I wonder if anyone else is having problems with it stalling out and figured it out. I have 3.1 v6 and it suppose to get good gas mileage and its horrible. I took it to repair shop to get the idling and stalling problem fixed and they could find anything wrong with. Other then the stalling out like out of the blue it runs really good.

Miss my Olds
By IllinoisBoy on 04/12/10 16:55 PM (PDT)

1991 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Sedan 4dr Sedan

We purchased Ol' Bessie for my 16th birthday. She was my first car and as such, she was perfect. I loved the way the car handled, and it rode like a dream. The 3.1 liter engine was modest which helped eek out approx. 30 mpg for me (i drove mostly on 4 lane highways) but was still powerful enough to win me a few dollars here and there. Looking back, I feel horrible that I didn't maintain her like i should have. If I kept up with oil changes and regular shop visits I would still be driving her today. Ol' bessie will always have a special place in my heart, as most first cars do...

Best to date
By dwellersskateshop on 08/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Sedan 4dr Sedan

excellent car. Good looks for a 1991 vehicale, the 3.1 can squeal the tires pretty well. the interior has a few problems after 12 years, some loose trim, but easy to repair. Nice big trunk, the wheel key is also a nice feature, the seats are comfortable. The car gets great gas milage, especially the way i drive. Engine picks up well from any speed but, lags a bit around 35-40 mph during extreme acceleration. Top speed so far is 110mph. My biggest peeve is the power door locks only work when they feel like it (probably because the car is 12 years old).

1991 Cutlass Supreme 4-dr
By John WD on 01/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Sedan SL 4dr Sedan

Runs great. Has 134,000 miles but runs like new. Had no major problems except had to replace the computer. I keep up on oil changes. Well maintained. Bought it with 109,000 miles. Previous owner changed oil every 3,000 miles. Peppy (3.1liter)car. Good second car. Room for 2 middle school kids and wife. Converted the air conditioning to the new standards. Easy change. Pumps out the cold pretty good.

223,000 Miles + and still purring
By CTSSEA on 09/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Sedan SL 4dr Sedan

I love my Cutlass! After over 223,000 miles it still rides like a new car. It rides like new because of regular and proper maintenance. There is no rust anywhere, the engine burns no oil, the transmission works perfectly and everything works just like it did when it rolled out of the factory. The single minor blemish is that the brakes need a little more maintenance than other cars. I usually keep the trip odometer on instead of the regular odometer and people are always surprised to see how many miles it has on it.

not needed
By me2002 on 07/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

too much annoying troubles