Used 1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Cutlass Ciera model:

typical 90s GM product
By kaufman022

1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera Sedan S 4dr Sedan

I cant complain to much the car was free with only 25000 miles! it was a gift from my great aunt, knew since it sat there for 20 years it would need some work but anything and everything seems to be failing the longer i have it. (new oil/tranny gaskets, ac compressor, ac lines.) alternator is about to go out. it runs well very nice ride for the moments nothing is wrong but to much hassle for an ugly cheap gm product of the 90s

smooth ride

i hate to part with it
By cattibrie01

1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera Sedan S 4dr Sedan

I got this car for my 16th birthday. It's great for Young drivers very easy to drive. But agreeing with other reviews it's age is catching up with it. Needs a little more attention than I can provide. It's been extremely reliable over the last 4 years though. I love this car but it's time for me to get something newer.

so comfortable and reliable.

The service engine soon light has been on since I bought it. Mechanics can't seem to figure out why and it turns off every once in a while.

Beware
By Big Ron

1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera Sedan S 4dr Sedan

Bought this car a year ago with 113k miles on it from a friend. Lots of new parts. Figured it would last awhile. After putting less than 3k on it, the frame rotted out by the passenger rear wheel. Went to several places that make auto welding repairs, and they all said that since it was a unibody, it was unrepairable and to junk it. Same thing happened to my brother's 1995 Ciera at 188k. Up until this point, it was a great car.

Do something about the cheap frame.

Good first car!
By Jing

1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera Sedan S 4dr Sedan

I recieved this car for my birthday/ graduation gift. This car has blessed me a lot since I have 3 Jobs! The only thing I just got replaced is the engine mount, which originally cost about $500 but my mechanic is doing it for $260! I would get this car again if I could but I'm going to keep it until the wheels fall off! The power is great!

powerful V6, traction control system! safety features

i think the car eats to much gas and they could improve the fuel economy

Cutlass Ciera
By GMLover

1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera Sedan S 4dr Sedan

Well This car was bought by my father in 1998 and was given to me in 2008. its still on the road running top notch, its had alot of rust problems and issues with the power steering and brake fluid lines. from reading these reviews thats typical. the seats are a joy to sit in, the handling isnt great and could be much better seeing as it isnt a cadillac. it is very peppy passing vehicles on highway and is fun to drive around the city. very loud but i love it sounds like muscle to me. wish that olds was stil around and making these beauty's.

The engine, the power and reliability of the vehicle. good in the snow and fun in the summer. i like how well u can see things at night with the headlights. great vehicle overall!

Nothing now, but the rust was a huge issue, the quality of the paint, the way everything underneath rotted out, tachometer, faster windows. interior design overhaul. looked like a typical car from the late 70's and 80's.