1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cutlass Ciera model:
typical 90s GM product
By kaufman022 on 07/30/11 23:45 PM (PDT)

1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera S 4dr Sedan

I cant complain to much the car was free with only 25000 miles! it was a gift from my great aunt, knew since it sat there for 20 years it would need some work but anything and everything seems to be failing the longer i have it. (new oil/tranny gaskets, ac compressor, ac lines.) alternator is about to go out. it runs well very nice ride for the moments nothing is wrong but to much hassle for an ugly cheap gm product of the 90s

i hate to part with it
By cattibrie01 on 08/10/10 21:48 PM (PDT)

1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera S 4dr Sedan

I got this car for my 16th birthday. It's great for Young drivers very easy to drive. But agreeing with other reviews it's age is catching up with it. Needs a little more attention than I can provide. It's been extremely reliable over the last 4 years though. I love this car but it's time for me to get something newer.

Beware
By Big Ron on 07/06/10 08:57 AM (PDT)

1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera S 4dr Sedan

Bought this car a year ago with 113k miles on it from a friend. Lots of new parts. Figured it would last awhile. After putting less than 3k on it, the frame rotted out by the passenger rear wheel. Went to several places that make auto welding repairs, and they all said that since it was a unibody, it was unrepairable and to junk it. Same thing happened to my brother's 1995 Ciera at 188k. Up until this point, it was a great car.

Good first car!
By Jing on 05/25/10 08:23 AM (PDT)

1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera S 4dr Sedan

I recieved this car for my birthday/ graduation gift. This car has blessed me a lot since I have 3 Jobs! The only thing I just got replaced is the engine mount, which originally cost about $500 but my mechanic is doing it for $260! I would get this car again if I could but I'm going to keep it until the wheels fall off! The power is great!

Cutlass Ciera
By GMLover on 02/07/10 16:08 PM (PST)

1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera S 4dr Sedan

Well This car was bought by my father in 1998 and was given to me in 2008. its still on the road running top notch, its had alot of rust problems and issues with the power steering and brake fluid lines. from reading these reviews thats typical. the seats are a joy to sit in, the handling isnt great and could be much better seeing as it isnt a cadillac. it is very peppy passing vehicles on highway and is fun to drive around the city. very loud but i love it sounds like muscle to me. wish that olds was stil around and making these beauty's.

A pretty decent first car
By Kyle on 07/10/09 00:31 AM (PDT)

1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera S 4dr Sedan

I'm 17 yrs. old, got this as my first car. it was wrecked on the freeway during icy conditions and survived!!! I put a new front clip on and it's like new (well, for a 15 yr. old car!) Fully loaded with all features, fairly easy to service stupid things (like the antenna that I broke). Mine wasn't broken in properly and has to be warmed up before taking off, but i got a remote starter to take care of that. A/C still works, brakes don't seem to wear out that fast, and it starts everyday. Sure, im not driving the coolest car at school, but hey, it goes. I have had the car up to around 80-85 and not even know it(gotta be careful), VERY smooth riding

great ride
By jcks2009 on 05/14/09 20:07 PM (PDT)

1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera S 4dr Sedan

i bought this car for $500 with 189,000 miles on it. the wheel bearing was bad and it needed a tune up. normal wear and tear. the 3.1 v6 is impressive for the miles it has on it. i ran it with 1 quart of oil with that had some gas in it and it still got up and went without a problem! once i discovered what was wrong, i got it fixed and this car doesn't quit. it starts every morning without a problem. it rides so smooth like it glides across the road. it was even smooth at 100mph. this is an all around great car and it will pretty much run forever

Oldsmobile
By Peter on 05/04/09 19:26 PM (PDT)

1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera S 4dr Sedan

great reliability, 250,000 miles and still going strong. V6 has ok gas mileage (around 19-25). very comfortable seats. only problems I had in the 2 years is a/c compressor and water pump. starts up every day. I highly recommend this car.

My Old Olds
By rsnunez on 01/23/07 21:58 PM (PST)

1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera S 4dr Sedan

I bought this car when I was forced to travel between NY and New Hampshire, having little or no money. Many people bash these cars. Mine is very reliable, is not a jewel, but I did more than nine trips between NY and New Hampshire during a four month period. After that I put more miles driving from NY to CT several times. My girlfriend has been driving it from Maine to NY twice during this winter, plus more trips to CT. Many people think that the Olds Cutlass is a piece of junk. This one for me is an ugly jewel, a true blessing for me, because it never let me down while driving from NH to NY during a period in which I had no money to pay mechanics or towing services. It is a shame GM decided to kill Oldsmobile

Dependable
By Roscoe1 on 04/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera S 4dr Sedan

I am approaching 92000 miles, and age is taking its toll more then miles. Besides basic maintenance, I have had to fix a leaky power steering hose, ac compressor, have fuel injectors cleaned, but that is about it. The car always starts. When you first start it in the morning the engine is sort of noisy. It sounds like the valve train. Who cares. The 3.1V6 has decent power. The car doesn't handle all that well. It feels like the car corners like a car twice its size. The turning radius is rather large for a car this size too. It is noticeable when parking in a lot.