Used 1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera S Consumer Reviews - 22 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cutlass Ciera model:

A Tank
By George Phillips

1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera S 4dr Sedan

I owned this beast of an automobile for 5 years. In these 5 years I had the time of my life driving this hunk of steel through mayhem. I have been in a few accidents in my lifetime. I have drifted in this car, i have ran over curbs sideways in this car and even plowed down a traffic sign in this car with not one scratch. Believe me when i tell you, this is not your ordinary car, it is definately a TANK. I was only in one car accident with this car in which a driver rear ended me tearing their entire bumper and headlights off. Not a scratch on my end. Not to mention the accidental time i took a detour through Baltimore Maryland and caught 2 bullets in the passenger side door. The police told me i was lucky, but i dont believe in luck. I believe in the ugly hunk of steel named the Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera. It is moderately comfortable with almost living room couch like seating, and a sway cieling fabric that is sure to droop as the glue wears off. But style isnt what the Ciera is about. If you want to drive a brick that will most certainly demolish any obsticles in its path then the Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera is your best bet.

typical 90s GM product
By kaufman022

1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera S 4dr Sedan

I cant complain to much the car was free with only 25000 miles!
it was a gift from my great aunt, knew since it sat there for 20 years it would need some work but anything and everything seems to be failing the longer i have it.
(new oil/tranny gaskets, ac compressor, ac lines.) alternator is about to go out.
it runs well very nice ride for the moments nothing is wrong but to much hassle for an ugly cheap gm product of the 90s

smooth ride

i hate to part with it
By cattibrie01

1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera S 4dr Sedan

I got this car for my 16th birthday. It's great for Young drivers very easy to drive. But agreeing with other reviews it's age is catching up with it. Needs a little more attention than I can provide. It's been extremely reliable over the last 4 years though. I love this car but it's time for me to get something newer.

so comfortable and reliable.

The service engine soon light has been on since I bought it. Mechanics can't seem to figure out why and it turns off every once in a while.

Beware
By Big Ron

1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera S 4dr Sedan

Bought this car a year ago with 113k miles on it from a friend. Lots of new parts. Figured it would last awhile. After putting less than 3k on it, the frame rotted out by the passenger rear wheel. Went to several places that make auto welding repairs, and they all said that since it was a unibody, it was unrepairable and to junk it. Same thing happened to my brother's 1995 Ciera at 188k. Up until this point, it was a great car.

Do something about the cheap frame.

Good first car!
By Jing

1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera S 4dr Sedan

I recieved this car for my birthday/ graduation gift. This car has blessed me a lot since I have 3 Jobs! The only thing I just got replaced is the engine mount, which originally cost about $500 but my mechanic is doing it for $260! I would get this car again if I could but I'm going to keep it until the wheels fall off! The power is great!

powerful V6, traction control system! safety features

i think the car eats to much gas and they could improve the fuel economy